Talk

Advanced search

Strength training - before and after photos

(13 Posts)
DorisLessingsCat Sat 02-May-15 14:10:24

If anyone is interested. This is how I have changed shaped after six months of strength and conditioning training. A small but pleasing change.

I've also reduced carbs / upped protein, but I'm not particularly strict about it.

Interestingly the scales have hardly budged, I am a fairly stubborn 9 stone, give or take a few lbs either side. But my clothes fit a lot better now. smile

ItsAllGoingToBeFine Sat 02-May-15 14:11:53

That's not a small change! You look great smile

Tiredemma Sat 02-May-15 14:14:15

What type of training do you do?

DorisLessingsCat Sat 02-May-15 14:19:36

Tiredemma - mostly strength training - kettle bells, barbell exercises (deadlifts, presses, weighted squats etc.) plus body weight training (press ups, lunges, rows).

A mixture of workshops and personal training, but usually no more than 2 - 3 hours per week.

Oh, and I'm 41, have one 7 year old and a sedentary job, just for context.

AyeAmarok Sat 02-May-15 14:34:37

You look great! Much fitter, stronger and healthier.

The weight doesn't matter a jot, this is a perfect example of that.

Well done OP.

DorisLessingsCat Sat 02-May-15 14:58:41

Thank you for the praise. blush

I think that was the point I wanted to make mostly - we are so conditioned to focusing on the scales when they can be really bad guides.

Also I am a bit obsessed with weight training now and hope more women are encouraged to take it up. It's effective and really, really good fun.

Littlepumpkinpie Sun 03-May-15 12:54:19

Well done you I would love to share mine with you all but do not wish to out myself IRL. It's a great way to document your results and so amazing to look back on the journey. Well done again I ignore scale weight always have done don't even ask my coach what body fat % I am these days he showed me my chart this week and told me what it was I was shocked to see where I am but so pleased with it. Keep going your doing great

SwedishEdith Sun 03-May-15 13:02:26

Great change. How did you start? Did you get a personal trainer first and then knew what to do when you went to the gym? Or were you already au fait with gyms and what everything was for? I'd love to tone up and be stronger (not worried about weight) but don't have a clue where to start. Plus, I have a very dodgy back and pelvis so a little scared to cause any more damage.

DorisLessingsCat Sun 03-May-15 15:25:04

Edith I was given a present of three personal fitness training sessions which then got me into the classes that the trainers also ran. I don't do any independent sessions in a gym and in fact all my PTs and classes are outdoors so I never set foot in a gym. smile

SwedishEdith Mon 04-May-15 21:43:43

Thanks Doris. Well, that's given me an idea of something I should ask for for my next birthday. smile

brainwashed Sat 09-May-15 20:36:42

Great transformation!

PunkrockerGirl Sat 09-May-15 20:38:34

You look amazing. Well done!

Boudicea31 Tue 19-May-15 21:13:48

Doris brilliant results! Your bum and thighs have tightened up loads xx

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »