Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Protein shake?

(10 Posts)
Bexicles Sun 19-Apr-15 10:56:58

Can anyone recommend a decent protein shake that is both sugar and sweetener free? Thanks.

Littlepumpkinpie Sun 19-Apr-15 15:33:51

Best way to research that is to look at the ingredients online before purchasing. I will admit it's pretty time consuming though. I have to do that sort of thing from time to time very frustrating. Start with PhD brand sure that's a brand my friend used for the same reason. I don't use whey anymore.

shewept Sun 19-Apr-15 16:44:09

I can have a search tonight. But you will struggle with flavoured ones to have neither. Will have a quick search. I have a friend who owns a supp shop will ask him too

shewept Sun 19-Apr-15 16:47:05

I am thinking a pea protein or hemp. Milk has natural sugar in, or do you mean added sugar?

LordEmsworth Sun 19-Apr-15 17:20:25

I buy whey protein isolate from myprotein.co.uk & add to milk, peanut butter & cocoa for my shake. You could do berries & yoghurt if that's not your thing.

Or, casein protein mixed with water before bed - tastes filthy but sugar free...

Vivacia Sun 19-Apr-15 20:04:46

Pumpkin why are you avoiding whey protein if you don't mind me asking?

Bexicles Sun 19-Apr-15 20:48:26

Hi, I have been using Precision Pure Whey Isolate for the last 6 months, it says sugar free but lists maltodextrin as the fourth ingredient. A trainer at the gym mentioned I should be using one that has no added sugars or sweeteners at all.

Bexicles Sun 19-Apr-15 20:51:56

Thanks LordE have found an unflavoured whey isolate with no added sugar on there. Will probably put half a banana in to mask any taste!

Am so happy this board is here!

Littlepumpkinpie Tue 21-Apr-15 13:39:30

I am not allowed it as it does not suit me. I have many food intolerances as does everyone unless you do extensive tests as I have done privately to achieve my goals we carry on eating or using things that cause us harm without knowing. I'm intolarant to many everyday things which has cost quite an amount to change eg I had a feather duvet I'm intolarant to duck and chicken feathers. I've had to get rid of my chucks too. Bought a wool duvet was £££ I don't do synthetic fibres. I'm aiming for that stage and trying to reduce bloated stomach and sort gut issues is the top priority I will get there almost there now which in its self is exciting

Mimigolightly Thu 09-Jul-15 12:23:59

SunWarrior shakes are great - they do two different types, both with vegan protein. One is made from a brown rice and the other made from a plant based protein. Personally, I prefer the rice one as it fills me up more.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now