Talk

Advanced search

Formula stains ruining baby's sleepsacks - help!

(8 Posts)
BBrush Sun 08-Sep-19 08:45:30

Hi all,

Does anyone have any hacks for getting formula stains out of clothing? I have 3 super cute little sleep bags, all with super non-cute stains around the neck where my DS dribbles some of his bedtime formula. It's Hipp Organic, the premixed type you buy already in a bottle. We've since moved on to the non-lazy version where you mix it yourself, but for some reason the bottled version is a dark colour and has left horrible yellow stains that I can't get out, even with Vanish.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated!

stargirl1701 Sun 08-Sep-19 08:53:09

Sunshine, wind & rain. Leave on the line for 48 hours.

dementedpixie Sun 08-Sep-19 08:54:39

Do you use bio powder? It is good for food stains

blackcat86 Sun 08-Sep-19 08:55:30

Get some powdered stain remover and chuck them on a 60 wash.

Clangus00 Sun 08-Sep-19 08:58:13

Stick a folded muslin under their chin.
But yes, sunshine is the best....but does it really matter? It’s only for their bed.

Tolleshunt Sun 08-Sep-19 08:58:50

A pre-wash soak in Napisan, though it could take a while. If you can add some bio detergent that will speed it up. It is way better at getting stains out than non-bio. Kind of ironic that we are encouraged to use non-bio with babies, when it is the least efficient detergent at getting stains out and babies are the most efficient family members at getting stains in! I seem to remember that there was a study done that showed babies were no more likely to react to bio detergents than non-bio, though of course any one individual can react to anything.

dementedpixie Sun 08-Sep-19 09:00:22

I only used non bio for a few weeks then switched back to bio

BBrush Mon 09-Sep-19 08:20:21

So interesting! I didn't know this - I've only ever used non-bio. Will have to get on the bio train. Thanks all! And yes, it doesn't really matter; just bugs me, probably a bit of minor OCD. smile

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »