Talk

Advanced search

Weird knocking in middle of night

(11 Posts)
TheNightIsForever Wed 27-Feb-19 10:36:40

I don't believe in spooky shit but something weird as fook happened.
At 2.28am I got woken up by some weird knocking. Sat up and turned lamp on and it just stopped dead. Thought I must have been having a weird pregnancy dream so went for a wee and DD11 asked what the banging was.
I though it probably next door fucked off with my snoring so spoke to her this morning and she said weird things have been happening for years in both houses. There's been a lot of death in this house including young children. She said she heard nothing last night at all.

Dog didn't bark and there was no one hanging about.

PulyaSochsup Thu 07-Mar-19 02:38:21

Gosh that's so scary! Hope you're ok O

PulyaSochsup Thu 07-Mar-19 02:38:57

*OP 🙂

Decormad38 Thu 07-Mar-19 03:04:57

Are you sure it wasn’t a squirrel? They sometimes sit on the roof and bang nuts. Think of most likely explanations rather than ghosts.

BrizzleMint Thu 07-Mar-19 03:55:26

Mice in the attic can't make a hell of a racket.

BrizzleMint Thu 07-Mar-19 03:55:48

Stupid autocorrect, can not can't

AnnaComnena Thu 07-Mar-19 03:59:52

Pipes or radiators cooling down?

Knickersononeshead Thu 07-Mar-19 17:55:59

No I've gone through everything it could possibly have been. Out of curiosity I got a medium (is that what they're called?) out. She went straight to the bedroom it came from. Apparently it's a male relative of mine who was letting me know he's watching over us and to not second doubt a decision I've made because it was 100% the right decision. He's upset that he scared eldest dd and he's really sorry. He'll always be around for us and if I ever need to chat he'll be listening 🤔

arseabouttit Fri 08-Mar-19 10:35:48

Was he an insomniac? Why choose the middle of the night to wake you up? I hope you asked the medium to tell him to contact you at a more appropriate time of day next time he needs to let you know something! wink

AntiHop Fri 08-Mar-19 10:40:49

You were dreaming. I sometimes get woken up by noises in my sleep that wake me up.

AntiHop Fri 08-Mar-19 10:42:42

It's called hypnopompic hallucinations.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: