Talk

Advanced search

Seriously freaked out

(8 Posts)
Dodgylooking Thu 14-Feb-19 19:23:40

I hope im posting this in the right place because im seriously freaked out but this is something i havent got a clue about.
So DD is 3 and for about a year has been telling me about "scarf man". Ive never really thought much of it tbh and just passed it off as a toddlers imagination but in the last couple of months she started going into more detail and its starting to freak me out. Out of interest i asked her what scarf man looked like and she said she didnt know because the scarf covers his face. This scared the hell out of me because anything hiding its face cant be good. She told me he keeps waking her up and talking to her, i asked what he said and one of the things she said was he wanted her to close her bedroom door (we leave her door ajar at night) although she doesnt seem to be afraid of him, more inconvenienced than anything. By this point i was suitably terrified by this point but was trying not to give it to much thought until DP told me that tuesday night hed had a very restless night with lots of nightmares and had woken because DD was stirring abit to find a man with a scarf over his face stood in the doorway of our bedroom. He says he only saw him for a second and then he was gone, then looked at his phone to check the time, it was 6:15. Over the last few months ive been waking up at 6:15 (not anywhere near my normal wake up time and i work lates so normally sleep till my alarm at 8) and cannot get back to sleep.
Fwiw ive never really given anything of the supernatural much thought, dont know whether i believe or not and have never experienced anything so i really have no idea what to do about this but im scared he may be some kind of threat to my daughter.
Any advice from anyone?

Whylurkwhenicanjoinin Fri 15-Feb-19 11:48:10

Oh my goodness! I would post this in Chat if I were you for more traffic because I'd love to know what others make of this...how scary....

ShadyLady53 Fri 15-Feb-19 11:50:32

shockIs it definitely “supernatural” and not a real person?

What does “scarf man” say to dd?

I’d be bloody terrified.

StealthPolarBear Fri 15-Feb-19 11:52:20

Bloody hell! I'd have DD in our bed and a baseball bat

StealthPolarBear Fri 15-Feb-19 11:53:05

Presumably if he was real the op's dp would have called the police!

UtterlyDesperate Fri 15-Feb-19 11:54:06

Well, you're haunted grin

ILikeBigRocks Fri 15-Feb-19 11:54:20

Right. Gonna be brutally honest here... your husband obviously had a nightmare inspired by the figure from your daughter's imagination. Sometimes we wake but our brain is still in a sleep state hence seeing funny things. Has your daughter had any changes in her life recently? New baby, going to preschool, diff childminder etc. can unsettle little ones. If you make a big deal out of this, your DD will pick up on it and be more unsettled.

SpoonBlender Fri 15-Feb-19 11:59:12

As Rocks. There's probably some noise at 6:15 - a neighbours alarm? - that's waking you but is gone by the time you're conscious. Set an alarm for 6:10 and see.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: