Talk

Advanced search

Distract me, I think my house is haunted

(17 Posts)
Kylieemilyj Mon 14-Jan-19 15:58:55

So I'm home alone, playing on my phone when I hear footsteps on my stairs, I thought were my partner so I go and see what's taking him so long to get to our room. He's no where to be seen, I call his name and walk around the entire upstairs, before heading down the stairs, to which I hear panting and really heavy breathing getting closer to me from one of our spare rooms. It sounded like a dog or a pig or something panting? I get downstairs and still no partner and now I'm sat here bricking it because i think there's something in my house... anyone got another explanation to this? I have no Pets and I have rang my partner who promises he's not been home..

gambaspilpil Mon 14-Jan-19 16:01:02

Get out....haven’t you seen enough of those scary movies 😂anyway I would cack myself too

Thiswayorthatway Mon 14-Jan-19 16:08:18

Who you gonna call? GHOSTBUSTERS!

CandidCat Mon 14-Jan-19 16:18:05

Get a cat, or better get 2. Then you can blame all strange noises on them, and they can distract you when you're lonely and scared.

CandidCat Mon 14-Jan-19 16:20:27

Also, search the place properly, I keep hearing how nearly half of all burglaries happen when the house is occupied! Good luck!

Kylieemilyj Mon 14-Jan-19 17:56:46

@Candidcat we have been discussing getting a cat soon but we are having a baby in May so it's gonna be hard work bringing a kitten or cat into this 😂 My partner came home and we checked the whole upstairs except the attic and it was all empty😂 He thinks it was in the neighbours house but it sounded far too close!

CandidCat Mon 14-Jan-19 18:13:42

Ooh, are your neighbours given to episodes of panting/heavy breathing?!😂

Glad it is okay, I believe babies are even more effective than cats at warding off the heebie jeebies, you will be too knackered- overwhelmed with love to care about ghosts.grin

Kylieemilyj Mon 14-Jan-19 19:02:00

@candidcat apparently so? I hope your right about warding off heebie jeebies though, it really freaked me out

Move2WY Mon 14-Jan-19 19:03:45

There’s nothing worse to me than the thought of being dead, walking around someone’s house unable to actually talk to them. I would probably grunt like a pig in frustration too.

LordProfFekkoThePenguinPhD Mon 14-Jan-19 19:04:43

We had a freaky house when I was little. Lots of weird shadows and noises, figures on the halls and in the garden, the really scary ‘repeat’ in one of the rooms (so like a ghostly scene played out which was bloody scary and gave us all the shits at one time or another).

Mum was very blasé ‘oh well if they were going to do something to you they’d be done it by now’. Thanks mum!

LordProfFekkoThePenguinPhD Mon 14-Jan-19 19:06:09

The only thing that really cheered me up is the the Nasty Girl from school bought the old house so I hope she is getting the full spook show now (mwahahahahaha).

Qcng Mon 14-Jan-19 19:08:45

The other night, I was on my phone on my own, and I started to hear breathing from the corner of my room. I was freaked.

I sat straining to hear it properly then in the end got up and walked over to where it was coming from and said "What IS that breathing sound?" quite loudly.
Then it stopped.
Quite odd.

LordProfFekkoThePenguinPhD Mon 14-Jan-19 19:11:47

I knew a woman who was babysitting as a student. She was sitting alone when the kids were asleep and heard a creaky voice calling her name ‘gerrrrrr-daaaaaa, gerrrrrrrrrr-daaaaaaa!’. After almost cracking herself she went to investigate - and found that the coffee percolator was bubbling away and the ‘voice’ was the machine!

LindaLa Mon 14-Jan-19 19:15:04

There is one sure fire way to check if you're in mortal danger.

Are you wearing matching bra and knickers?
No? You're safe.

Ledkr Mon 14-Jan-19 19:18:30

Someone will be along to tick you off severely for believing in the paranormal 😂

SandysMam Mon 14-Jan-19 19:35:20

@LindaLa that really made me laugh grin my legs are hairy, my bra is grey and my knicker elastic left the building the first time Robbie left take that. I’m doomed!!!

Kylieemilyj Mon 14-Jan-19 20:16:06

I still keep hearing random noises upstairs but i can now blame them on my partner whos currently having a 'nap' (hes been asleep for 3 hours) on the sofa beside me... its funny though cuz he keeps sleep talking about chairs?! i think ive witnessed him sleep talk maybe 3 times in our 3 year relationship...

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: