Talk

Advanced search

Have you ever had gut felling or strong instinct that ended up being true?

(9 Posts)
Cupcakeicecream Sat 03-Nov-18 14:26:46

As is states really have you every had a weird feeling,a warning that danger was imminent, a gut instinct that saved you or turned out to be true about people or a situation that you narrowly avoided? I have read lots of these thread like this and find them fascinating to read and thought it was time for a new one.

FieryGhoulie Sun 04-Nov-18 00:53:01

Yes, a couple of occasions in my life, I've felt unsettled, like being in a car headed towards a brick wall and significant really bad events have happened soon after. Life changing events.

ColdNeverBotheredMeAnyway Sun 04-Nov-18 01:14:08

Every time Ive bumped into my ex husband (maybe 4 times) over the last few years, I've known it was going to happen before it did. So when I then see him, it feels like a confirmation of what I already knew - rather than a surprise.

Had the same with car accidents/ danger points on the road - I just get a feeling I need to drive more carefully, then I'll turn the bend to find the hazard in the road and I'll just go 'ah yeah, that's why my head told me to slow down'

I realise there's confirmation bias at work here. But it is reassuring

ScreamingValenta Sun 04-Nov-18 01:19:44

No - I wish I did have reliable instincts, but the reality is I worry and catastrophise about everything, so I have the 'cry wolf' effect.

mydogishot Sun 04-Nov-18 01:23:46

I knew something was going to happen to Jill Dando.

Not long before she was killed, she was on the cover of Radio Times wearing a black leather jacket and looking beautiful.
I stood in front of it in WH Smith's and said out loud "that's lovely, at least her family will have that to look back on. It's so sad".

I have no idea where it came from or what made me say it.
I was alone in the shop.

When the news broke I was so shocked.

Heuschrecke Thu 15-Nov-18 11:14:18

The day my Dad died. Parents had retired to the south coast and I lived and worked in London, I was 22/23 at the time. That weekend I was going down on the train on the Saturday and my boyfriend was driving down on the Sunday to join us for lunch. Just before my stop the train came to a halt for a while, as I looked out over the fields I had the strongest feeling that BF and Dad would never meet (he and Mum had already met some months earlier when she'd come up to London for the day), I can remember this voice in my head saying "it's too late, <BFName> and Dad will never meet". When I got to the station, Dad wasn't there - and his military timekeeping was legendary! To cut a long story short, the car had broken down en-route to the station, he'd got out to have a look under the bonnet and had a heart attack and died sad sad

Emz2019 Mon 10-Dec-18 23:10:38

Yes I did, when my little boy was in hospital he was in the ICU and I was not allowed to sleep there so they gave me accommodation at the hospital so I went back to my room it was around 11pm and I had no reason to worry my child was recovering well from his surgery, he was in good hands, everything had went well! But that night I could not sleep at all, I had a very bad feeling something was wrong, suddenly the phone rang and it was the nurse who was looking after my child that night so asked me to get there quickly as my son was suddenly suffering from seizures and they think he may have suffered a stroke !!
No idea how I knew something was wrong

DRE56322 Thu 13-Dec-18 21:07:26

I woke up at 6am one morning and just KNEW that my grandmother had died. She was unwell, but it wasn't expected as such. Went to my mums house, she told me Grandma had died at around 6am. I never told her that I already knew.
Didn't get this with any of my other grandparents.

kalinkafoxtrot45 Thu 13-Dec-18 21:19:06

DRE56322 I had the same with my grandpa. He was the first of my grandparents to pass away.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »