Talk

Advanced search

Cat escaped locked room

(6 Posts)
HerRoyalFattyness Sun 16-Sep-18 00:14:23

I have 2 cats.
Both indoor cats but i have to keep them seperated at night as the fat one eats all of the others food...
So I've started taking the fat one to bed with me.

Only tonight, the kids wanted to "camp" downstairs. So i took the cat and put him in my bedroom.

Half an hour later he waltzes down the stairs.

So i put him back.

5 minutes later he is back again.
So i put him back.

10 minutes later he is back again.
So i put him back and move my hook and eye latch to the outside of the door and lock it from the outside (there is food, water and a litter tray in my room over night)

10 minutes later, guess who is downstairs again.

Considering the other cat has eaten a full meal on his own by this point i have given up on returning the fat cat.

My 9 year old was pretty freaked out (and has now fallen asleep)

I know that the cat can open doors, (he just doesnt when im in the room at night vecause he has company i guess) and I'm guessing the latch came loose, i haven't actually checked, so not really unexplained, but still want to hear your stories, unexplained or even if they have an explanation but are a bit creepy anyway.

AdoraBell Sun 16-Sep-18 00:25:07

He’s slithered under the door fatty, t’is the only possible explanation.

HerRoyalFattyness Sun 16-Sep-18 00:33:46

Yeah, but hes the fat cat, so wouldn't possibly fit grin

MrsCatE Sun 16-Sep-18 16:23:53

Evolution mate - the buggers have developed opposable thumbs - fact.

Bunnybigears Sun 16-Sep-18 16:26:07

He is a cat. Only explanation needed.

HerRoyalFattyness Sun 16-Sep-18 16:32:17

MrsCat grin little beggars.

Bunny i know. Wasn't actually after an explanation, just thought I'd share as it amused me.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »