Talk

Advanced search

I can't see myself living into old age

(17 Posts)
Bunnybutton Sun 20-May-18 23:12:06

I'm in my late 20's now and Ever since I was in my teens I always had the feeling I'm not going to live to be an old women , I would like to reach old age and see my children grow up and be happy .

Anyone else ?

lucy2204 Sun 20-May-18 23:33:33

I have this! sad it actually makes me feel emotional :/ everyone thinks im crazy when i say it to them :| xx

ImTakingTheEssence Wed 23-May-18 18:51:54

Yes i feel i may die in a car crash always have this feeling when im in the car.

ImAGoofyGoober Wed 23-May-18 18:52:39

Me too. Maternal grandmother and mother died around 60, I have a feeling I will do the same.

GlassSuppers Wed 23-May-18 18:54:12

Yep. I've always thought I'll die in my 30s from a heart attack.
No idea why!

Racecardriver Wed 23-May-18 18:55:32

Maybe it is just difficult to imagine. I can see myself in my sixties but find it hard to imagine myself as a 90 year old. The is a part of me that just doesn't want to think about it.

WhatsGoingOnEh Sun 27-May-18 13:15:47

I always thought I'd die at 33. I just knew it.

Today? I'm nearly 50.

Missingthesea Sun 27-May-18 22:29:01

Two months after my 35th birthday I suddenly had the oddest feeling that I was exactly halfway through my life. I'll have to wait and see! I just hope neither of the DGC are doing important exams whenever the time comes.

MMcanny Sun 27-May-18 22:37:01

Strangely I have the opposite. I’m pretty sure i’ll Reach at least 100! I’m careful to pay up my pension and take care of my physical health because although I have no desire to give up work or retire before I lose my health, I think even if I work to 70 i’ll Still have at least 30 years left! My paternal grandmother lived to 99. I may be completely wrong of course but think I may as well plan for the best and if I go sooner at least i’ll Be a lovely fit-looking corpse! Lol.

Whisky2014 Sun 27-May-18 22:39:45

I also have a feeling ill die younger than 60. But i hate the thought of dying and leaving everyone around me and not being part of the world anymore. And then I think if my partner was to die first id hate that too because I'd miss him so much. Urgh getting old is not fun.

LighthouseSouth Sun 27-May-18 22:43:03

I have this but I dont mind it

It's not so much a spooky thing as just something I've always thought but I've had poor health since I was kid so there must be a psych link

elephantoverthehill Sun 27-May-18 22:44:49

I'm 53. I used to smoke and was told I would die in my 40s. I am just now taking my pension a bit seriously.

LighthouseSouth Sun 27-May-18 23:06:16

PS I mean a psychological,link not psychic link grin

BlackAmericanoNoSugar Sun 27-May-18 23:11:05

My DH always had a strong feeling that he wouldn't live past his twenties, he's nearly 60 now which shows that pessimism isn't always correct.

Missingthesea Sun 27-May-18 23:31:34

Thank you BlackAmericanoNoSugar that's very cheering grin

Bunnybutton Mon 28-May-18 22:40:33

Wow , guess I'm not alone . Very interesting to read your thoughts . Let's hope the world is a nicer place to be in 40 years

Earthmover Wed 28-Nov-18 04:48:54

I'm so sure I won't reach retirement age that Ive just spent the past four and a half years on a career break and living off savings(original plan was 12 months)
Did 20 odd years. Got another twenty odd to go. Was a nice little half time break but work beckons in the new year.
The fact my mother and quite a few aunts got dementia in their late sixties played on my mind and I was determined not to be cheated out of the workfree sensation.
I can die (early) happy now.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: