Talk

Advanced search

Any cleansing tips for new property?

(5 Posts)
MMMckenzie25 Mon 17-Apr-17 22:00:03

Hello everyone, just wanted to ask for advice as me and my family are due to move house shortly into a beautiful traditional listed cottage. It's in a lovely quintisential country side location and I am looking forward to the move. The house itself is old and has long history, I guess I am just wondering if there were any chants/ inscense/ rituals I could perform to cleanse the space of any potential negative feelings or just to generally arrive and bring forth a positive energy. I don't know if i nessesirly am 100% convinced by the notion of ghosts but I do believe that buildings can retain "moods" if that makes any sense haha your suggestions are received with thanks smile x

Thecontentedcat Mon 17-Apr-17 22:02:57

Burn sage
www.mindbodygreen.com/0-17875/a-sage-smudging-ritual-to-cleanse-your-aura-clear-your-space.html

MMMckenzie25 Mon 17-Apr-17 22:07:40

Sounds just what I was looking for! Many thanks

BertrandRussell Mon 17-Apr-17 22:09:09

Just move in and be happy. No need for any "stuff"

plinkyplonkydappledonkey Fri 09-Jun-17 10:29:45

I know this thread is a bit old but thought I'd share my experience.
On two separate occasions over the past 17 years that I've lived in my house I've felt an overwhelming urge to cleanse my home, and I'm not talking with bleach!
What led to this was a heavy dark negative feeling in the house. There were lots of arguments going on, over silly stuff, lots of emotions flying around and lots of things going wrong. It got to the point of enough was enough. A friend mentioned to me about visualising sweeping the house with a broom, sweeping all the negative crap out the window, out the door. Now I'm not really into this sort of stuff. I like facts, not eeeeby jeeeeby things that don't make sense but I tried it anyway because the atmosphere was getting so bad. This then led me to google house cleansing and it was basically all about burning either sage or incense.
In for a penny, I went for it, sweeping and burning joss sticks in each room. I felt like a complete nutter but reminded myself of all the religions that use incense to keep away evils...( let's not look too closely at their results!)
My conclusion....... it worked on both occasions. Not sure if it was psychosomatic, I actually don't care if it was because things got better. Much better.
I'd say give it a go. At least then you will feel like you're starting with a fresh canvass.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now