Talk

Advanced search

Do you believe in psychics?

(17 Posts)
HCantThinkOfAUsername Sun 12-Mar-17 16:51:12

There's a lady I know who's done a few readings for me, I know it's not for money as she doesn't advertise and only asks for donations to a certain charity close to her.

She tells me things that's absolutely impossible for anyone to have known so I know what she said is the truth. But deep down it seems too good to be true?

Dp thinks I'm mad but there was no way she would have known the things she mentioned that happened previously.

deckoff Sun 12-Mar-17 16:53:46

No - but I believe in cold readings, guesswork, logical deduction, and people desperate and inclined to believe in powers beyond our understanding.

If it were true how would any crimes ever go unsolved for one?

LilQueenie Sun 12-Mar-17 16:58:50

yes because it happens to me and it can be difficult to decipher. There are however a lot of people who are con artists. Even a psychic who has clear messages isnt always 100 per cent because of the way the messages are given. Its like charades most of the time not just spirits talking.

ShatnersBassoon Sun 12-Mar-17 17:03:50

No, they don't exist.

I believe people who claim to have supernatural abilities are either mentally unbalanced, cruel tricksters preying on the vulnerable, or attention seekers. They could be a combination of all of those things too.

HCantThinkOfAUsername Sun 12-Mar-17 17:04:35

I'll give some examples

- I've got an unusual name and it can be used as a boy name, my Aunty had a child who has this name who sadly died many years ago, the lady was talking to the spirits saying they are wrong as I was in the room and a girl - turns out this boy (my cousin) was trying to come through and she knew what his age would be now

- she said she seen blood being pumped into me, I had a blood transfusion the week before in an emergency situation.

- she said I'd be moving in 3 weeks, no one knew this.

Seems too much to be a coincidence? I've seen others who have very much been a con but this all seems correct.

HCantThinkOfAUsername Sun 12-Mar-17 17:05:43

I would have said the same but after this last reading it seems to have changed my opinion

Eminybob Sun 12-Mar-17 17:06:57

No not at all.

It is either coincidence or a con artist.

annandale Sun 12-Mar-17 17:12:05

No.

But a friend of mine was in NZ and stated that a family friend in the UK had died unexpectedly. She was right. I still don't believe she was having a psychic experience but I don't have an explanation that I'd be willing to make to her (I think most likely one is that she saw something on Facebook without really taking it in, but that would sound really dismissive, and this friend was not a Facebook type). She is also someone who can literally find four-leaved clovers to order. Again, I do have a possible explanation in that she grew up in the country and is good at plants - I've never seen one and do gardening for a max of 40 minutes a year so it's not surprising I've never found one. I think she is probably exceptionally observant, rather than psychic.

TryAnotherUsername Sun 12-Mar-17 17:13:42

I do

Currently waiting for a really good one to fit me in.

I have something, I smell things from nowhere. My grandad used to smell of snuff and sometimes my mums house smells of it.
The upstairs of my house sometimes really stinks of cigarettes and we don't smoke, neighbours don't smoke and we're not directly next to a road so it's not passers by. The previous owner died a couple of years ago and she was a heavy smoker (died from lung cancer).
Also my downstairs bathroom sometimes smells of the bleach my nan used, like a pine smell. We don't buy or use pine bleach/air freshness so no idea where that comes from.

apotheke Sun 12-Mar-17 17:50:24

No. absolutely not. I believe some of these people are just really good at reading people's 'micro-expressions' and a lot of people just hear what they want/need to hear.

hazeyjane Sun 12-Mar-17 17:56:35

Phew, I thought the title was, do you believe in physics.......

HCantThinkOfAUsername Sun 12-Mar-17 18:02:30

I had to double check my title then haha grin

SoupDragon Sun 12-Mar-17 18:04:16

I also thought it said physics grin

HCantThinkOfAUsername Sun 12-Mar-17 18:54:43

Oops

TheresAGhostYouFools Mon 20-Mar-17 09:55:12

I know two people who claim to be psychic. It may be coincidence but both of them are massive attention seeking narcissists, (think numerous FB posts daily about every aspect of their lives, constant gossiping, endless dramas, that sort of thing).

expatinscotland Mon 20-Mar-17 09:57:09

No. Watch the Derren Brown show about it.

HCantThinkOfAUsername Wed 29-Mar-17 18:16:06

ooh I will watch that, thank you.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now