Talk

Advanced search

Talk to me about ghosts

(11 Posts)
PinkSlipperQueen Fri 03-Feb-17 14:49:11

Just curious to see if anyone else has had a similar experience to me or wants to share their experience with the so called woo.

I had a flash back today from when i was 5 or 6 years old. I woke up one night and remember that I had a very strong urge to wake up, and when i did i saw what could only be described as a white/translucent thing on the wall opposite my bed literally going in and out the wall like it was weaving in and out the wall. I dont remember seeing a face and i wasnt even scared. It was about a meter tall by 40cm wide. I just watched it for ages and then remember that i felt i couldnt sleep being watched so i went in my parents bed and what ever it was followed me into their room and continued weaving in and their bedroom wall. I also remeber pinching myself as thats apparently what people did to wake up from a dream lol. I must have fallen back asleep as i dont remember anything else.

Anyone experience anything like that?

hickorydickorynurseryrhyme Fri 03-Feb-17 20:10:51

I haven't experienced anything unfortunately before but I am following as interested too.

Ilovecaindingle Fri 03-Feb-17 20:18:24

My first experience was seeing my friends dead df in the TV reflection at 15yo...
About 25 an old man sat in my bed one night. . Not the same man tho. Chair moved when i was out .
Seen a little boy I have been told was a baby I lost - twice -
Same boy seen by dh (not his ds), ex mil and dd bf saw him also. Heard him playing with toy cars one night - brumming them across the carpet. Lost items turn up - or are moved, unexplained charm found in my room - a St Christopher I believe. Switches light off and bounces in beds - heard from downstairs /other rooms!
Baby gate opened more than once, keys moved and put in door. Clothes hidden. Allsorts!!

Ladymadness Mon 13-Feb-17 16:55:06

When I was 17 I kept smelling perfume in my bedroom it was odd because I would always go into my sister and ask what she was spraying and she would always say she wasn't spraying anything wouldn't have candles burning or anything! She would even come into my room and smell the perfume herself
Well one night I was really ill and had wrapped myself up so much that I couldn't even move my arms. I started smelling the perfume again but just Tryed to ignore it and carried on watching my film (it was twilight 😂) when I was slapped across the face ! Shitting a brick I ran out of the room into the bathroom where I looked in the mirror to see a massive red handprint on my cheek with 4 scratches! 😖
this isn't the only weird thing that happend in that house but I would be here for years otherwise lol x

Unjudgemental Mon 13-Feb-17 18:44:25

I have had lots of subtle things happen over the years but had a strange experience and felt a strong physical presence mid last year. The whole thing will sound far fetched so I've kept it to myself (I've told 2 open minded people but not my closest friends). Cant even talk about it on here but it is still playing on my mind. I've always been interested in the afterlife and I'm convinced there is one.

hickorydickorynurseryrhyme Mon 13-Feb-17 20:10:30

Un judgemental I believe too. Tell us more

orenisthenewblack Mon 13-Feb-17 21:33:13

Just came on to say that there's a good thread in AIBU at the moment, what's the creepiest thing your kids have said.
Pretty spooky! (Sorry, can't link)

PinkSlipperQueen Mon 13-Feb-17 22:03:43

Unjudgement please share brew

RainbowChasing Tue 14-Feb-17 11:43:43

I've always been open minded about this kind of thing and find it fascinating but will try and think of a logical explanation to explain it first. But sometimes things are unexplainable.

About 15 years ago I went to stay at a friend's new house- a very old cottage near Matlock with a ground floor extension. She lived there with her husband and 2.5 year old son. Anyway, this first morning we were there we woke up later than expected and at around 9.30 we heard a knock on the bedroom door and a little boy's voice say "hello". My then-boyfriend got up and opened the door to greet my friend's son but there was no one there. We didn't think anything of it went downstairs and mentioned to my friend that her son had got impatient and come to get us out of bed. My friend looked at us weirdly and said that her son had been out of the house for the past hour with his dad at the supermarket getting stuff for breakfast confusedshock

So we were obviously freaked out, and then she told us that her son had been waking up screaming a lot since they'd moved into the house saying that the boy in his room was mean to him and kept telling him to get out because this was his house.

Whilst we were there I also saw the figure of a small child standing watching me out of the corner of my eye on a few occasions and on the second night we were there we heard footsteps running around backwards and forwards upstairs between the bedrooms but when my friend went to check on her son he was fast asleep with the baby gate still locked across his door.

I've tried to rationalise this for years but I can't explain any of it. Interestingly enough, all these incidents occurred in the original part of the house, which felt "funny" and nothing ever happened in the new part.

I've had lots of other things happen over the years since and I definitely think I'm more believer now than ever before.

PinkSlipperQueen Tue 14-Feb-17 19:55:00

Omg Rainbow how creepy! I do believe that places/buildings etc hold energy. I think that some energy is so strong like sadness or violence or even love that maybe it can't just disappear and gets absorbed into the building and has some odd frequency that come.round again? I dont know just a thought smile

RainbowChasing Tue 14-Feb-17 22:12:16

Pinkslipper, yes that's kind of what I'm thinking. I've been to supposedly haunted places where weird things were happening but it didn't feel frightening, it was almost like a calming, reassuring feeling. And I've been to places which have felt very menacing and oppressive where you feel like you have to get out of there as quickly as possible. This house I was talking about felt like neither. I guess there was a feeling of being watched but it wasn't really threatening, more like curiosity. It's hard to explain. So yes, I think you're right and it's kind of an imprint of emotion left behind. It's fascinating.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now