Talk

Advanced search

can a ghost move in to your house?

(37 Posts)
0phelia Mon 28-Nov-16 07:46:58

Can a ghost suddenly move in or are they ususlly there already?

Unexplainable activity has started but we've been here for years. In fact it's the house I grew up in an nothing strange ever happened.

WellErrr Mon 28-Nov-16 07:50:14

Depends where you live, also stamp duty for ghosts is ghastly so they don't do it often.

WellErrr Mon 28-Nov-16 07:51:00

Although really I'm just following for the replies, my house is 3 years old and I'm almost sure it's haunted..!

Ifailed Mon 28-Nov-16 07:51:37

Ghosts can do whatever you imagine

abbsisspartacus Mon 28-Nov-16 07:52:14

grin

ExitPursuedBySpartacus Mon 28-Nov-16 07:52:18

abbsisspartacus Mon 28-Nov-16 07:53:37

Mine sounds like someone is walking upstairs at night >helpful <

CrazyGreyhoundLady Mon 28-Nov-16 07:55:10

Bought anything new to you but second hand into the property recently? There are some theories that a ghost can be attached to an item not just a house

DesolateWaist Mon 28-Nov-16 07:56:02

Poltergeist tend to appear as children in the house reach puberty. Rather than being attached to a location they attach to an individual.

Not that I believe in ghosts though.

Millionsmom Mon 28-Nov-16 08:03:29

In my experience, the unexplained happenings were always linked to my DC. Even when my DS1 was a baby odd things kept happening. I thought most of it was down to me having baby brain but that didn't explain the kettle that kept switching itself on - it was an ancient electric kettle with no auto stop - or finding the ice cubes in the middle of the kitchen floor or the footsteps running down the stairs every few months.
When we moved overseas this all stopped.

0phelia Mon 28-Nov-16 08:04:29

Oh god! I'm always buying stuff off ebay. Yes we recently bought some things including an antique clock... But just for the internal parts, we've taken it apart now.
Now I'm freaked.

Seriously, we're getting shadows crossing where no ppl are, and footsteps.

I woke up half asleep/half awake to a dancing young blonde girl who said "dance with me into the dark"

0phelia Mon 28-Nov-16 08:05:48

millionsmum I seriously hope it's something logical but... It's messing with my head to find logical explanations to the shadows and voices.

Arfarfanarf Mon 28-Nov-16 08:12:44

The girl will have been a dream. It is very common to half wake and see something.
Shadows are tricks of the light and tricks of your mind.
footsteps (creaks, odd noises) are things houses do.

The mind is a really funny thing. Every time I'm listening to music I am convinced someone is calling my name grin turn off the music, ask, nobody did. My mum was the same with the vaccum cleaner.

You don't have ghosts.

You have dreams and a creaky house and a perfectly normal brain doing the weird things a brain does grin

MummyStep123 Mon 28-Nov-16 08:14:53

Agree with above, but I'd probably get rid of all parts of antique clock just incase halo

Ifailed Mon 28-Nov-16 09:49:23

I'd probably get rid of all parts of antique clock
Good idea. It's a well know fact that ghosts hide in the parts that make the "tick" sound, but oddly not the components responsible for "tock".

0phelia Mon 28-Nov-16 10:04:53

grin

Unfortunately I can't get rid of all the parts because we needed to use a couple of components in a handmade custom clock still in progress which are very hard to come by.

0phelia Mon 28-Nov-16 10:11:22

But I also bought a pair of second hand jeans off ebay recently. Maybe they're the culprit!

GhostOfPrincessMortificado Mon 28-Nov-16 10:16:58

Of course we can. We're dead keen on following tiny bits of stuff around too, that's how it works wink

(On a serious note - have you checked your carbon monoxide levels and also chatted with a GP about this? It can be a weird brain quirk I think.)

Somerville Mon 28-Nov-16 10:18:21

When my teenager was freaked out by the idea of ghosts (following a bereavement) we did a lot of reading on websites like the centre for sceptical investigation and it seemed to help her a lot.

LilQueenie Mon 28-Nov-16 10:28:52

ghosts don't move with you but spirits will. It may be related to the clock, especially if you have taken it apart. I've witnessed the same OP so try not to worry. It could also be that you are suddenly aware of spirit. Can you remember anything similar happening to you as a child.

0phelia Mon 28-Nov-16 10:50:49

I'm grateful for all of your rational explanations. It's likely my mind is playing tricks on me... but it just feels so real. I definitely saw a figure in the kitchen crossing over the door but turned the light on to find noone.

LilQ how do you mean "spirits" can, are spirits good but ghosts are bad? No nothing like this ever in this house until recently.

Thank you Ghost (lol) I may need to get something checked...
Except it's not just me! My son and DP are both saying they've heared something etc... DP didn't want to admit it but nearly agreed with me when I said something was strange.

GhostOfPrincessMortificado Mon 28-Nov-16 11:20:40

Yikes. Carbon monoxide can do that, so definitely check! As can group hysteria (it's a real thing).

Meanwhile film it all - you'll make millions smile

mortificado Mon 28-Nov-16 11:30:43

We had this, stuff happened for about 2-3 years, spoke to the church, (we aren't religious) but they recommended a blessing, had the house blessed and nothing since! I don't normally believe in things like that, but I find this very odd!

LilQueenie Mon 28-Nov-16 11:31:31

ghost are like a an energy trapped in time replayed over and over bit like an event caught on video and they can't harm you. Spirit is basically us. the soul/spirit when we die. Our energy and like everyone they can be good or bad. You can even ask them to leave you alone or to stop bothering you. That sometimes works. Try not to be afraid though. Unless you feel a bad 'sense' near them then essentially they are not doing any harm.

Arfarfanarf Mon 28-Nov-16 12:55:07

read about candid cameras invisible fish

they told people the fish were there and by god they could see them

the tank was empty

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now