Talk

Advanced search

Ds finds lampshade funny??

(11 Posts)
Mommym24 Sun 17-Jul-16 08:08:00

Since around 2 months of age my ds would look at living room lampshade and smile now at 4 months he will laugh at it!! Any suggestions why?

FeckinCrutches Sun 17-Jul-16 08:13:23

Children are weird. They don't get any better either.

Ineedmorelemonpledge Sun 17-Jul-16 08:23:25

Does it make nice shadows?

Post a pic? grin

Mommym24 Sun 17-Jul-16 09:01:42

Can't post a pic yet as out but it's just a plain grey shade nothing fancy and apparently more interesting than me or any colourful, jingling toys lol and I forgot to mention it's usually first thing once were up that it's most noticed but wears off later on in day

Judgeaway Sun 17-Jul-16 09:03:21

My Ds still does this and he's 4.

Mommym24 Sun 17-Jul-16 09:11:58

Lol maybe ask him what's so funny maybe he can tell us all what the fascination is smile

Iliveinalighthousewiththeghost Tue 09-Aug-16 02:24:55

Not really the same thing but. I vaguely remember when I was a baby I can't have been any older than 4 and outside our (then) house in the entry was one of those big tall street lights. And I was absolutely petrified of it.
I used to call it. Billy Wind. I don't know where I got that from. Strange child.
My mum said. I used to say. Take it away. Take it away. I live no like it. Awwwgrin.

Cellardoor23 Thu 18-Aug-16 15:58:25

My DS does this but I think it's because of the pattern. He does look up at the ceiling a lot though and has a wee giggle to himself. Creeps me out a bit!

Cellardoor23 Thu 18-Aug-16 15:59:20

He's 3 months btw

TitaniasCloset Fri 11-Nov-16 13:17:28

My dd used to smile and laugh at lights as a baby, a lady told me it's because babies see angels up until they learn to talk. Maybe babies just really like lights?

JonesMalone Wed 14-Dec-16 18:02:16

Just thought I'd add to this.
Ever since my DS was a tiny babe he was fascinated by a picture of the moon we had hanging over the sofa. First thing he smiled at and the first thing he laughed at. If he was fussy we'd take him in to look at the moon.
We've since got rid of the pic and he's now noticed the actual moon and points at it.
I always found it weird but I guess babies like odd things. Is the lamp usually on? Could be the light

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now