Talk

Advanced search

smelling burnt toast

(9 Posts)
FiloFunky Wed 21-Jan-15 20:14:23

i keep smelling burnt toast. my son and my boss think I'm bonkers!

I've checked and noone is making toast at home. no toaster at work so that was simple!

what else smells like it??

TurnOverTheTv Wed 21-Jan-15 20:17:25

You should get that checked out, it might be something medically wrong. I can't remember what, I don't want to scare you with doctor Google though!

RonaldMcFartNuggets Wed 28-Jan-15 17:45:37

Isn't that a sign of a stroke?! confused

306235388 Wed 28-Jan-15 17:46:18

You really need to get checked ASAP

MildDrPepperAddiction Wed 28-Jan-15 17:46:32

Go to the doctor

EauRouge Wed 28-Jan-15 19:40:19

I have heard of this before- go to a doctor! Could be nothing, but don't risk it.

CrumblyMumbly Wed 28-Jan-15 19:45:19

I have heard people with epilepsy say that they smell burning toast sometimes before having a seizure? Best to get it checked out.

elfycat Wed 28-Jan-15 19:46:57

It's one of the signs of a stroke (brain area affected) and could indicate a mini-stroke (TIA - Transient Ischaemic Attack) if there was an absence of other symptoms or anything else was also temporary and mild.

Call 111 and have a chat and if they agree they'll send you to hospital - don't drive yourself though.

It's one of those don't panic, it's probably nothing but always get that confirmed urgently moments.

scratchandsniff Wed 28-Jan-15 19:48:34

Another one saying get yourself checked out. There could be a medical explanation.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: