Talk

Advanced search

horrible dream :(

(6 Posts)
ghostspirit Mon 24-Nov-14 08:12:18

Had a horrible dream last night. I was in bed asleep on my side. it was a double bed and for some reason my dad was in the bed with me. I had my back to him. but for some reason his leg was over my leg. Me thinking it was an accident that he had just moved in his sleep. anyway there was a knock on the door and someone with an american accent said are you the english family. and i told my dad to get of me people will think we are strange, he siad hes not ashed he wants people to know about us. by this time i felt like i was awake it felt like there was a dark precent in my room. and like a big pressure on my legs and i could not move them. it was really freaky.

my dad died is 2005 i love him dearly but the dream made me think bad of him. hes always been a great dad sad

SunshineBossaNova Mon 24-Nov-14 20:38:19

It sounds horrible OP.

I once dreamt my brother had died, and I woke up and cried for ages until my brain reminded me that he was fine. It stayed with me for days though.

I hope this nasty dream leaves you soon, and you're able to remember your dad in the way you always have. flowers

KillmeNow Mon 24-Nov-14 20:45:39

Often when I've had a horrid dream I can trace it to a Film or TV programme I had been watching the night before. Or maybe something on the radio or in a book I had been reading.

Whatever the cause of the dream it sounds disturbing -but try not to give it more credence than all the millions of other dreams you've had that were not a true representation of your life.

Methe Mon 24-Nov-14 20:50:12

Disturbing dreams can be really distressing and the feeling stays with you for ages doesn't it sad

It will pass in a few days, I promise.

Orangeanddemons Mon 24-Nov-14 20:56:16

The presence and being unable to move your legs sounds like sleep paralysis.

Not a nice dream but there are physical reasons for the above symptoms, so I don't think there was anyone in the room

ghostspirit Mon 24-Nov-14 22:53:23

thank you. i know no one was in the room. smile it was just a bit freaky.

sometimes i dream about something i have read/watched spoken about not this time though.just one of them things i guess.

i kept having the same dream once. that i was being strangled. i used to wake up with string round my neck. then realised it was a bit of string from my duvet. so cut it off lol

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now