Talk

Advanced search

Repairing riding boots

(5 Posts)
Buntytea Sun 25-Oct-09 14:00:59

I've got some nice leather long riding boots for smart but the zip has bust on one boot - does anybody know if it is possible to get it repaired? Trying to avoid having to shell out for new boots, they are not cheap!

TIA

MitchyInge Sun 25-Oct-09 19:57:48

it should be possible shouldn't it, does the zip go straight up the back?

could you take them to the shop you bought them from? they might just replace them for you

DressageNut Mon 26-Oct-09 12:38:35

Snobs of Amersham advertise in the back of British Dressage magazine and I have heard good reports on the BD website about them mending zips nicely on posh boots. No website but phone number is 01494 431848 and they do mail order.

Buntytea Mon 26-Oct-09 14:33:52

Thanks very much both of you, will investigate 'Snobs of Amersham' - what a name!!

MI, I can't take them back as they are a couple of years old now and were mail order in any case.

Still hopeful of being able to fix rather than buy new, such a waste otherwise.

Thanks again smile

horseymum Mon 02-Nov-09 20:51:41

i have had mountain horse ones repaired but it needs to be a good traditional cobbler and they may have to order the zip in specially. I seem to remember something vaguely about Mountain horse selling the zips if it is that brand. Think my repair cost £20 for one boot but imagine it was quite a job and loads less than new boots. Get long boot trees as well to protect the zips as well!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now