Talk

Advanced search

meet our new pony

(18 Posts)
MitchyInge Sat 24-Oct-09 16:04:42

I am SO smitten - please excuse mane, trying to get it to stay on one side

only one not so fantastic photo on profile so far but I don't understand how/why anyone would part with him - he's obviously a little green but he tries so hard, he's such a superstar

do not care if we have to live on beans on toast for the rest of our lives

Pixel Sat 24-Oct-09 17:19:58

Mitchy, he is beautiful. smile
I almost bought one just like that. I wasn't looking for another pony it was just that I'd fallen in love with him and he wasn't in the best home so my heart was ruling my head. In the end a friend of mine bought him for her 9 yo daughter so it was a happy ending and he had a lovely life. Which I'm sure Joey will too!

Owls Sat 24-Oct-09 18:32:47

He is gorgeous. smile

MitchyInge Sun 25-Oct-09 00:15:55

thank you!

couple more pics, they are so lovely together, I really hope this is a partnership for life

sootysox Sun 25-Oct-09 00:31:45

Joey is stunning Mitchy, really, really gorgeous.
You must be very proud.
SS xxx

FluffyPumpkins Sun 25-Oct-09 00:36:37

aww looks like my old pony
how old is he?

MitchyInge Sun 25-Oct-09 08:21:29

he's 6 but seems even younger, haven't had a proper go on him yet - I bet I don't get a chance until after half term hmm, although we went back yesterday and didn't get home again until 8pm!

he's changed owners (but not yards) a couple of times in as many months, each time he was bought for children who are not very confident - one fell off and wouldn't get back on and the next one found that he fidgets too much when tacking up, and scared her by putting his front feet over the stable door and little things like that, that probably are quite scary if you are small and only used to well behaved ponies? he also puts a little buck in sometimes, almost imperceptible because he's like a hairy rhinoceros, and he mucks about gets confused about lead legs in canter

skihorse Sun 25-Oct-09 10:11:36

Gosh - he's gorgeous mitchy - does he have a bigger older brother? wink

Buntytea Sun 25-Oct-09 11:47:42

What a gorgeous pony. Can't wait until next year when hopefully (at last!) I will be able to have my own.... Enjoy him.

Pixel Sun 25-Oct-09 17:29:17

He sounds like a real character, just what you want for a family pony. And just think, if your dd ends up 6' tall, he'd look stunning in harness too. smile

MitchyInge Sun 25-Oct-09 19:44:30

Oh I hope she never outgrows him, he's an ok size for me (although am wider than I am tall at the moment) - but now you've got me thinking, get them both broken to harness and have CHARIOT RACES

we could raise the iceni tribe!

Pixel Sun 25-Oct-09 20:37:14

Lol we used to say my sister's old pony thought he was auditioning for Ben Hur! He was 100% to drive in traffic, fire engines with the sirens going hardly made him twitch an ear, but we had a long drive back to the stables on top of the Downs and as soon as he hit the single track road there... well we had a few exciting moments. grin

Your dd and Joey look very nice together. smile

CMOTdibbler Sun 25-Oct-09 20:40:19

He's lovely

MitchyInge Sun 25-Oct-09 20:54:30

thank you!

I just want to talk about him ALL the time - I try to do other things but end up gazing at photographs and thinking about whether he needs more rugs and who will be the best instructor for my daughter to have lessons on him, and whether I should ride him for my BHS lessons or not and will Barney kick the shit out of him get on ok with him if they are ever turned out together?

Pixel Mon 26-Oct-09 20:14:50

I've just seen the absolute perfect pony for ds. And I've always wanted an exmoor so doubly perfect. isn't he lovely, and not far from us
Why can't I win the lottery??????????<wails>

MitchyInge Mon 26-Oct-09 20:47:03

oooooh he is lovely, you should come and play at my current yard - they are overflowing with exmoors (and dartmoors)

can you borrow the £££ from somewhere? maybe they will take a little less?

I only managed mine because I've been doing this cosmic ordering thing blush after watching The Secret, a dvd I found whilst house-sitting. I cosmically ordered a lottery win and 'unexpected cheques in the post' and for money to just keep flowing in a bit more freely, oh and a free land rover (but it turned out to be a Disco, but actually it is much more comfortable and can do everything else)

anyway, it does work - I won £115 on the lottery and have had loads of cheques in the post, including one incredibly massive one which was an unexpected present! obviously I am working about 10 hours a day 7 days a week too but thankfully that is slowing down now

oh I want your son to have that exmoor!

Pixel Mon 26-Oct-09 21:50:55

Wow! it really works! How do you order something 'cosmically'?

MitchyInge Mon 26-Oct-09 22:23:08

well I don't know, my friend says there are all sorts of 'rules' but I just think about what I'd like and then start to feel excited about it and then it arrives. I think the basic idea behind it is 'thoughts become things' which is probably why I got stung 10 times by wasps this year, because I kept thinking about it?

I do write it down too, and date it - in fact I downloaded a special cosmic ordering application for the iPhone blush (cannot believe I am admitting this!) but I think I prefer pen and paper, as the app had Noel Edmonds in it which was a bit disturbing. I ordered my lottery win on the 2nd Sept, it came about 3 weeks later. I bought another ticket for 'Daily Play' online but only won £5. But the ticket only cost £1 so it was probably good value?

But the thing with Joey was weird, I was so upset he had been sold just under a month ago and thought that was it - it was unreal that he should be up for sale again so soon when I knew there was nothing wrong with him. You have to say 'yes' to things though, when you get that prickling feeling of opportunity. Oh oh and amazingly my daughter's dad came to meet him, loved him and offered to pay for him so I can go ahead with my home repairs after all!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now