Talk

Advanced search

Are you boycotting Lush?

(219 Posts)
MookySpinge Thu 15-Oct-09 13:37:48

I am, but wondered what the rest of you think of their decision to support Hunt Sabs - feel it is on a par with any other terrorist group personally. Should probably do a link but iPhone is behaving badly at the moment.

listenglisten Thu 15-Oct-09 13:39:33

I did see this in their window this morning and wondered how many people might boycott them. Personally I support what they are doing but I did think it was a strange thing for them to do.

pofacedandproud Thu 15-Oct-09 13:41:06

I won't be boycotting them. Unless HuntSabs start putting bombs under people's cars, which afaik they haven't yet. Why are they on a par with any other terrorist group? Have they killed anybody?

treaclespongeofdeath Thu 15-Oct-09 13:41:46

Erm... have I missed something? I thought hunting was illegal now?

pofacedandproud Thu 15-Oct-09 13:42:48

Oh they just hunt the fox with dogs and then shoot it apparently treacle, they have to have their fun you know.

treaclespongeofdeath Thu 15-Oct-09 13:44:42

Unless the HuntSabs are targeting drag hunts, which would indeed be very odd of them...

MookySpinge Thu 15-Oct-09 13:44:49

Yes a man was killed recently, the issue isn't whether hunting is within the law or not but the terrorist activity of sabs.

treaclespongeofdeath Thu 15-Oct-09 13:45:49

Sorry, x-post. That is utterly daft. Why bother banning it at all if you're going to allow that? angry

treaclespongeofdeath Thu 15-Oct-09 13:47:18

Odd. Very odd. Can't believe it's a sound marketing decision to support any extremist group, no matter what their cause is.

pofacedandproud Thu 15-Oct-09 13:49:02

Link please?

Hunt Sabs wouldn't be doing it if hunting wasn't going on, so of course hunting is the issue .

pofacedandproud Thu 15-Oct-09 13:49:45

Link please to man killed? A man murdered by Hunt Sabs? Need link?

MookySpinge Thu 15-Oct-09 13:50:05

They disrupt legal hunting on the off chance that it might be a front for illegal hunting - but anyway, if they want to support animal welfare charities these are hardly the people are they?

pofacedandproud Thu 15-Oct-09 13:51:21

Link please to man killed to make them on a par with any other terrorist group?

pofacedandproud Thu 15-Oct-09 13:52:30

They disrupt legal hunting as legal hunting makes a mockery of the law in the first place.

crumpet Thu 15-Oct-09 13:53:29

www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1161700/At-controls-First-picture-hunt-saboteur-charged-murder-hunt -supporter-decapitated-gyrocopter.html this might be the one

wannaBe Thu 15-Oct-09 13:55:06

why would anyone buy from them in the first place? Can't even walk past their shops without feeling physically sick. Can't imagine how anyone can work there, they must have a permanent headache from the smell..

MookySpinge Thu 15-Oct-09 13:57:05

http://www.thetrevormorsememorialfund.co.uk/

pofacedandproud Thu 15-Oct-09 13:57:50

yes thanks crumpet just found that by googling. Man charged with murder, quite rightly. That does not make the whole organisation on a par with 'any other Terrorist group' The Taliban? The IRA? Please.

pofacedandproud Thu 15-Oct-09 13:59:28

Feel very sorry for the man involved, obviously.

Hope you are all boycotting Nestle. smile

pofacedandproud Thu 15-Oct-09 14:00:58

And in light of that incident, yes, I think it is wrong of Lush to support them.

QueenOfFrighteningEveryone Thu 15-Oct-09 14:03:00

A hunt saboteur has been charged with murder but not found guilty yet afaik.

As I understand it, the deceased man followed the gyrocopter to an airfield and approached it whilst it was moving along the taxiway. He was then fatally injured by a rotating tailblade.

pofacedandproud Thu 15-Oct-09 14:04:02

Murder is different to manslaughter though. They must have evidence it was murder [video evidence I think]

PuppyMonkey Thu 15-Oct-09 14:04:07

I will boycott Lush if you like. But only cos I can't stand the bleddy smell in there. shock

Purplebuns Thu 15-Oct-09 14:16:17

I don't support extremists, but pro-hunters are bound to make sabs, sound as bad as they can. Is this also a post to see who is pro-hunting?
Also Lush, I am assuming wouldn't give more support to sabs now if there wasn't anything more untoward going on with pro-hunt?

MookySpinge Thu 15-Oct-09 14:29:39

I suppose it's partly a post to see whether it is possible, pro or anti hunting, to consider how we feel about Lush supporting this particular organisation. I would not in a million years have thought of hunt sabs as animal welfare people.

You don't have to be anti-abortion to disapprove of the actions of some of the more extreme pro-lifers for example.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now