Talk

Advanced search

my legs KILL

(3 Posts)
MitchyInge Sat 26-Sep-09 12:27:43

it is a really bad idea to not ride for a couple of weeks then to suddenly ride a lot of different horses for an hour or more each, especially one that is about 70% percheron and turns the rider into a human t-junction once on board

ouchy ouch ouch

Pixel Sat 26-Sep-09 18:00:23

ooh I know what you mean, I hadn't ridden for years until I went on holiday and rode a 16'2" armchair (more like a sofa actually, with feet like upturned buckets) for an hour up and down steep twisty hillside tracks. He was a darling but I'm only 5'2" and very short-legged so it was agony for a few days after! The best thing you can do is make sure you get on a horse tomorrow, just for a little while. It will be painful at first but you will feel better afterwards.
Btw, when I saw your title I thought you'd taken up kick-boxing or somesuch.grin

MitchyInge Sun 27-Sep-09 19:30:06

I'd love to do kick-boxing actually!

You were right, weirdly it has helped riding again - will I end up with thighs like a baby giraffe if I keep this up?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now