Talk

Advanced search

Would anyone like to sign this petition?

(4 Posts)
Pixel Fri 18-Sep-09 16:09:32

World Horse Welfare petition to end the torture of long-distance transport of horses for slaughter. www.makeanoise.co.uk

Thanks.

ponymad Fri 18-Sep-09 19:32:45

Have just signed
xx

skihorse Sat 19-Sep-09 09:44:45

Rather than sign a petition - I feel it would be better to make people aware of what is going to happen to their horse once they accept the "highest price" from the insurance company...

If you want your horse not to suffer, then take the lower offer. You already have direct control, not some legislation.

Butkin Sun 20-Sep-09 16:56:35

Agree with the sentiments but can't sign until I know more about the rules they want to bring in.

At the moment DEFRA are trying to limit the time horses spend travelling abroad. This can cause real problems for well looked after sports horses - like racehorses who ship by box to race in places like Germany and Italy. I'm producing statistics on how well British horses do when they travel by box to race abroad.

We want control over horses a) going for slaughter b) travelling in overcrowed lorries c) not doing regular stops for food and water.

A blanket ban will punish horse shippers/owners who do things responsibily.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now