Talk

Advanced search

Did anyone here learn to ride at Morleys, opposite Windsor Park?

(8 Posts)
willow Mon 14-Sep-09 20:03:40

Just found this topic and having a major reminisce!

IrishDraught Mon 14-Sep-09 20:04:38

Windsor Great Park?

willow Mon 14-Sep-09 20:05:39

Indeed.

IrishDraught Mon 14-Sep-09 20:07:42

I have never heard of that - when was it? This is 'my area' grin Ridden at alot of yards around WGP.

willow Mon 14-Sep-09 20:17:43

It was opposite Blacknest Gate - but think it is called something else now and has been for years.
Anyhow, I learnt to ride there when it was run by a lovely family - two sisters and their husband, did the whole mucking out for free rides thing and eventually had my own pony there. That was absolutely yonks ago though and am now a lapsed rider. Got back into it about two years ago and was riding regularly, but then got ill with pneumonia and then a hideous post viral infection that keeps rearing its head, so haven't got back in the saddle for a while now. Miss it desperately, but it's so blooming expensive where I am (London) and money's a tad tight, so I'm probably doing myself a favour by not picking it up just yet! Still, can live vicariously via this thread

(Ooh - just found it on the web - http://www.abony.co.uk/ - the box in the corner of the yard was mine!

willow Mon 14-Sep-09 20:18:19

should have said two sisters, Ruth and Jean, and Jean's husband, Ken - they weren't both married to him.

IrishDraught Mon 14-Sep-09 20:20:55

I remember Blacknest Gate... not the yard though. I have been out of the saddle too for about 4 years now though still am lucky enough to live on the doorstep of the Great Park - cannot wait to get back to it!

IrishDraught Mon 14-Sep-09 20:23:14

Looking at the site I think that's the yard we used to call 'Blacknest Gate'- I've never been in it

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now