Talk

Advanced search

Did anyone here learn to ride at Morleys, opposite Windsor Park?

(8 Posts)
willow Mon 14-Sep-09 20:03:40

Just found this topic and having a major reminisce!

IrishDraught Mon 14-Sep-09 20:04:38

Windsor Great Park?

willow Mon 14-Sep-09 20:05:39

Indeed.

IrishDraught Mon 14-Sep-09 20:07:42

I have never heard of that - when was it? This is 'my area' grin Ridden at alot of yards around WGP.

willow Mon 14-Sep-09 20:17:43

It was opposite Blacknest Gate - but think it is called something else now and has been for years.
Anyhow, I learnt to ride there when it was run by a lovely family - two sisters and their husband, did the whole mucking out for free rides thing and eventually had my own pony there. That was absolutely yonks ago though and am now a lapsed rider. Got back into it about two years ago and was riding regularly, but then got ill with pneumonia and then a hideous post viral infection that keeps rearing its head, so haven't got back in the saddle for a while now. Miss it desperately, but it's so blooming expensive where I am (London) and money's a tad tight, so I'm probably doing myself a favour by not picking it up just yet! Still, can live vicariously via this thread

(Ooh - just found it on the web - http://www.abony.co.uk/ - the box in the corner of the yard was mine!

willow Mon 14-Sep-09 20:18:19

should have said two sisters, Ruth and Jean, and Jean's husband, Ken - they weren't both married to him.

IrishDraught Mon 14-Sep-09 20:20:55

I remember Blacknest Gate... not the yard though. I have been out of the saddle too for about 4 years now though still am lucky enough to live on the doorstep of the Great Park - cannot wait to get back to it!

IrishDraught Mon 14-Sep-09 20:23:14

Looking at the site I think that's the yard we used to call 'Blacknest Gate'- I've never been in it

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: