Talk

Advanced search

An awful thing happened....

(7 Posts)
seeker Sun 13-Sep-09 20:53:23

... and I just need to offload - please ignore me.

My dd hacked out to a show today - and 10 minutes after she left another horse owned by a friend reared up in the yard, went over backwards and hit her head on the concrete and had to be put down. it was awful - so much blood. It was so sudden - one minute she was waiting to be loaded into a horsebox to go to another show and the next she was down, pouring blood and dying in front of of us.

So glad dd didn't see it - but so shocked and upset for her owner, and for the lovely lovely lady who runs the yard.

Pixel Sun 13-Sep-09 21:14:03

Seeker that's horrible. What a rotten thing to happen.sad

fishie Sun 13-Sep-09 21:17:52

how terrible. at least it sounds pretty quick but of course that is even more shocking to see.

seeker Sun 13-Sep-09 21:46:04

it was awful - and one of the dreadful things is that her owner wasn't there - someone else had borrowed her to go to the show. He feels completely devastated - saying he'll never ride again.

Loshad Sun 13-Sep-09 21:53:21

how horribly upsetting, there's so much blood in that sort of accident as well. Very glad your dd didn't witness it.

MitchyInge Mon 14-Sep-09 09:17:00

oh how horrible, for everyone concerned

you must all be so shaken - that poor man though, how do you get over something like that?

kormachameleon Mon 14-Sep-09 09:19:39

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now