Talk

Advanced search

mare mounting other mare - hmmm

(7 Posts)
kormachameleon Fri 14-Aug-09 23:33:03

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

HerBeatitude Fri 14-Aug-09 23:37:50

She is a lesbian. Come to terms with it, help her celebrate her sexuality. Organise a pony pride festival.

(Am so hoping this will make it to the Daily Mail roundup. grin)

HerBeatitude Fri 14-Aug-09 23:37:50

She is a lesbian. Come to terms with it, help her celebrate her sexuality. Organise a pony pride festival.

(Am so hoping this will make it to the Daily Mail roundup. grin)

kormachameleon Fri 14-Aug-09 23:57:39

Southwestwhippet Sat 15-Aug-09 09:08:19

Female dogs do this to each other as a sign of dominance. It is not so much of a sex thing as an 'I'm in charge here' thing. However it can be vaguely linked to sex in so much as if one bitch is in season/coming into season, this can 'set off' these sorts of games.

I think this is because in the pack, the lead female would be the only one allowed to have pups so any bitch coming into season would make the head-bitch need to assert her authority.

I've not seen this with horses but I imagine it is the same thing. I know geldings mount each other all the time but then you know what boys are like grin.

Either that or yes, your horse is a lesbian wink

CaramelisedOnions Sat 15-Aug-09 09:12:23

my mare does it to another mare! She was in season a couple of months ago and did it all the time, much to the annoyance of her 11.2 fieldmate ( the 'dominant' one is 14.1hh)!!

Only lasted about 2 weeks.

kormachameleon Sat 15-Aug-09 12:24:19

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now