Talk

Advanced search

Katie price "the horse woman"??

(12 Posts)
lucymum2four Thu 06-Aug-09 13:13:42

just wanted quick poll,
am i the only one who remembers her being on C4 programme called Faking it? where she had to convince judges that she could ride...
yet now she says that she has ridden since she was 7?

MitchyInge Thu 06-Aug-09 15:26:03

was that katie price? I remember the episode, also the polo one with the tattoos (funny how the horse ones stuck in my mind), she was some sort of dancer or nightclub entertainer or something?

poopscoop Thu 06-Aug-09 15:29:57

Katie price is a good horsewoman. Shame she wastes her talent on other nonsense but presume it is because she makes more money that way.

I do believe she has been horseriding from a young age.

MitchyInge Thu 06-Aug-09 15:31:06

the girl in faking it was called Shelley, I'm about 87% sure of it!

MollieO Thu 06-Aug-09 15:33:32

Is this the episode you mean? Not KP.

Stinkyfeet Thu 06-Aug-09 15:34:20

She did a programme where she went to work at a stable and couldn't reveal who she really was. Is that the one you're thinking of?

MitchyInge Thu 06-Aug-09 15:34:37

oh yes! I was right! what a memory!

diedandgonetodevon Thu 06-Aug-09 15:39:03

I'm sure I saw somewhere recently that she had been playing polo and you do need to be a pretty decent rider to manage that.

Also saw she has brought out a (very pink) collection of riding gear.

lucymum2four Thu 06-Aug-09 15:44:04

yes think you guys are right, though not sure she is a good rider. she just can afford expensive "good" horses.

not me i have to make do with the nags that i have to back,break and school myself. lol

Nekabu Thu 13-Aug-09 18:12:35

She's ridden for years and I doubt she could have afforded expensive horses way back when. Incidentally, expensive horses can be just as tricky to ride as non-expensive ones and sometimes, if you get one that does the 'Oh, you asked for this.' at every twitch from the rider, can be far trickier as it can be very difficult to ride so much as a straight line without inadvertently asking for an awful lot of movements that you didn't mean to ask for!

skihorse Fri 14-Aug-09 09:27:28

You may not approve of the way she is in the papers, but she seems to genuinely love her horses and is in to the Kelly Marks/Monty Roberts stuff (probably at 80 decibels bless). wink My mum's chatted to her online about horses and said she's really sweet and just likes horses.

Butkin Sat 15-Aug-09 11:12:50

She was in a programme (at the height of her Jordan fame) whereby she had to persuade the stable staff that she was plain Katie Price (nobody knew her real name back then) and she just mucked out and did the horses. Somehow she suppressed her substantial cleavage. Her ability to ride was never in question.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now