Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

shrinking hats

(6 Posts)
MitchyInge Thu 06-Aug-09 10:14:37

obviously not something to economise on in a second hand sort of way, but just wondering if this is a common problem or if am just buying hats with rubbish linings? they start off nice and snug but get progressively roomier until every time you jump it falls down and clonks you on the nose

MitchyInge Thu 06-Aug-09 10:15:18

oh I mean shrinking HEAD not hat

the hats are doing the opposite of shrinking blush

Owls Thu 06-Aug-09 17:02:40

Errrr nope not got that problem with hat or head! Ok, dopey question but have you got the chin strap done up tight enough? wink

stealthsquiggle Thu 06-Aug-09 17:07:52

I can't say I have the problem, but you could take it back and get some extra padding fitted under the lining - the nice lady at our local source of all things equine manage to pad my hat so that it safely fits DS, since I don't have £100 to spare for a new one which he will doubtless grow out of in no time flat (we did spend £60 on a back protector for him in the same visit, though hmm).

diedandgonetodevon Thu 06-Aug-09 17:11:08

um no, never had that at all. Could it have something to do with how/where you store it?

If the lining is actually getting thinner, then that doesn't sound good.

How many times has this happened & have you tried different brands of hat?12

MitchyInge Fri 07-Aug-09 09:40:02

it's the 2nd one, same brand (the cheapest vented one) maybe I just sweat too much?

will ask about getting it relined or similar

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now