there must be someone who can help?

kormachameleon Sun 19-Jul-09 14:48:23

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

kormachameleon Sun 19-Jul-09 14:54:37

kormachameleon Sun 19-Jul-09 15:05:37

MitchyInge Sun 19-Jul-09 15:25:08

they are probably all out winning rosettes or something?

could you hack home, turn it into some sort of endurance ride grin

Pixel Sun 19-Jul-09 16:08:29

Sorry, we are nowhere near you I'm afraid (not that I've got transport but I have connections you know wink) but is Mitchy's suggestion totally out of the question? When we bought our first pony we rode him home over the Downs, took us hours but it didn't occur to us to get transport <bit thick emoticon>. He napped in every gateway and bolted twice, gawd knows why we didn't turn round and take him straight back, but that's another story!

On a more practical note, could you post something on the Horse and Hound forum? There might be someone on there who could give you a lift. Do the people who are selling the pony know anyone who might be coming your direction in the near future who might share a trailer?

moshie Sun 19-Jul-09 16:10:28

Could whoever you're buying him from move him, or someone at the yard he's going to, fetch him, for a payment of course?

MitchyInge Sun 19-Jul-09 18:09:59

any luck?

Butkin Sun 19-Jul-09 21:16:19

Have you tried the big shipping companies (you'll see them listed in Horse and Hound). We got a Welsh pony shipped to Newmarket from Wales last Autumn for 180 pounds which wasn't bad as it was such a long way.

They can often do multi shares to keep costs down and are often cheaper than just using somebody as a one-off.

I am a little intrigued though that you can't afford 100 pounds to ship the pony - in the great scheme of owning a horse that seems quite a small amount. Can you afford this enterprise?

kormachameleon Sun 19-Jul-09 22:38:44

Pixel Sun 19-Jul-09 23:46:20

Mum and I were sort of in the same position financially when we first got dhorse. We knew we could afford to keep him but the first month was hard, what with the cost of buying him, finding double field rent as we had to pay a deposit, insurance, worming, tack etc etc. It's everything coming at once that does it, once you are in a routine and can budget it's ok. Luckily a friend of a friend delivered him for £20.

Anyway, so glad you've got your pony at last. I hope you all have lots of fun (and we want pics smile).

kormachameleon Mon 20-Jul-09 00:05:09

MitchyInge Mon 20-Jul-09 10:58:28

oh the LEAST you can do is give us a description in the meantime?

kormachameleon Mon 20-Jul-09 21:31:44

MitchyInge Mon 20-Jul-09 21:35:44

oh she sounds interesting! I WANT ANOTHER PONY envy

how is she settling in?

Pixel Mon 20-Jul-09 21:38:57

envyenvyenvy

Oh I've always wanted an Exmoor, and my old pony was spotted so I've always loved appaloosas, blanket spot being my favourite.
Not surprised you were so determined to get her. smile
My boy I have now is bay roan, and he is very handsome (and easy to keep clean!)

Pixel Mon 20-Jul-09 21:40:09

'course, it's no good me being jealous really as she would be too small for ds anyway.

MitchyInge Mon 20-Jul-09 22:15:38

my horse is sort of exmoor colour grin that is close enough for me

kormachameleon Mon 20-Jul-09 22:38:24

MitchyInge Tue 21-Jul-09 13:36:15

she sounds adorable how long before the pics show up on your profile though? huh?

kormachameleon Tue 21-Jul-09 14:00:29

MitchyInge Wed 22-Jul-09 10:47:33

she is very pretty

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now