Talk

Advanced search

Having problems selling my pony

(11 Posts)
igglepigglegotobed Wed 24-Jun-09 20:19:49

Just need to vent a little bit.

I have a young filly rising 3. Absolutley beautiful and have done so much with her. She's lightly backed, sensible but needs bringing on. would be great little PC pony or just a hack.

I have needed to sell her as we moved and I couldn't find a suitable yard locally and then i found out I was PG and I took the harsh decision to sell her.

So for a quick sale I put her up for £700, then £500. I have spent near on £50 just advertising her. Had loads of timewasters or people saying she is too small (about 13hh now) or too young for their kids etc. But mostly I had loads of dealers or people asking for loans wvtb etc.

She is easily worth more so I put her up for £1000 thinking I would attract a different class of person but no calls at all.

I am deeply worried that she is not getting the attention she needs at the moment. She is living out and I am checking once a day but pregnancy has made me nervous so have not worked with her at all. Just a bit of leading which is fine as she is so young.

Just needed to vent.Feeling so stressed and worried about her all of the time as she is so far away from me now.

DisturbinglySexuallyInactive Wed 24-Jun-09 20:54:45

why not go for one of the trial loans if you like the feel of the people?

igglepigglegotobed Wed 24-Jun-09 21:58:38

Thats the problem. All of the loan people have been suspicious. None will loan from present yard and not one has been interested in meeting her first. Just want to pick her up.

DisturbinglySexuallyInactive Wed 24-Jun-09 22:36:05

maybe you can find a lovely home for her via mumsnet, wish I was in a position to be interested

Nekabu Thu 25-Jun-09 10:32:11

Unfortunately the market isn't good at the moment and is particularly over stocked with horses that need work. If you've already lightly backed her then why don't you just turn her away until next year so the education she's received so far will have time to sink in and then review the situation next Feb/March?

HairyMuff Fri 26-Jun-09 20:45:54

How about advertising for a sharer and ask for a contribution towards her upkeep? That way you could keep an eye on things from a ditance too. You could ask for a lightweight adult?

Piffle Fri 26-Jun-09 20:47:55

Where are you based iggle?

igglepigglegotobed Fri 26-Jun-09 21:45:47

I am near Romford in Essex

Butkin Fri 03-Jul-09 12:44:09

You don't mention how she is bred. Is she a native which could stay out this Winter?

If so I'd turn her away in a field until she turns 4, you've had the baby, and can get her broken in. Do you have a suitable child to do this ie light and capable?. How did you acquire her - did you breed her yourself and if so what were your original plans for her?

I'd suggest there is no market for unbroken 3yos - unless they are top show quality - as most people want to just get on and ride, particularly with ponies where children can outgrow them so quickly.

We did buy a 3yo welsh gelding last Autumn from the welsh stud but only because he was top class, only cost 1,000 pounds, and we are in a position where we could spend a few quid getting him professionally broken and ridden away.

What site did you put her on? I'll have a look and let you know if I know of anybody who may be interested though.

kormachameleon Fri 03-Jul-09 13:00:09

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

LadyOfWaffle Fri 03-Jul-09 13:31:22

Do you think you could just advertise for a rider? I am suprised no one wants her - she sounds lovely

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now