Talk

Advanced search

Fancy dress class

(9 Posts)
petitmaman Mon 22-Jun-09 21:01:24

DD wants to take her (fat, bay) pony into a fancy dress class. any ideas?
was thinking along the lines of nursery rhymes (jack and jill etc)but open to anything. can sew a bit but pony is earshy. thats pretty much your only restriction. (oh and don't want to spend loads of money and obv nothing rude wink
also poss that dd2 27months) could walk along side ?? witch, broomstick and black cat etc??
let your imagination go.............

petitmaman Mon 22-Jun-09 21:17:31

bump

DisturbinglySexuallyInactive Tue 23-Jun-09 15:05:56

WINGS!

Butkin Wed 24-Jun-09 15:09:10

Very much depends on what you've got already - there were some cracking ones at a recent show we were at, any one of them could have won.

I'd advise to stay away from the fairy type costumes though and go for something witty. One of the people were dressed as a "polo pony" with the child carrying a polo mallet and the horse dressed up as a packet of polo mints!

Nursery rhymes are good - I've seen a good humpty dumpty with the pony carrying cardboard sides made to look like a wall.

steamedtreaclesponge Wed 24-Jun-09 15:14:33

Little Miss Muffet? Disguise the pony as a tuffet, dd1 as Miss Muffet, dd2 as a spider?

Pixel Wed 24-Jun-09 21:32:22

Crikey, my friend did the 'polo pony' one 25 years ago! (still a good idea though).

I saw a great 'lady and the tramp' once but I guess your girls are a bit young for that version... the horse was the lady complete with fishnet stockings and feather boa grin.

I'm so rubbish at thinking up ideas for this sort of thing. How about dressing all three of them as aliens? Or could you fix wings on the pony and make it into a dragon and then the children could be a knight and a damsel in distress? You might even have a disney-type dress already for the damsel.

DisturbinglySexuallyInactive Wed 24-Jun-09 22:33:56

we went as woolly mammoth and cavegirl last year, came 6th out of 8 (but I was the only grownup competing in that particular class blush)

unfortunately he ate one of his papier mache tusks on the way in, otherwise am sure we would have been placed much higher grin

Dragonrider Tue 21-Jul-09 17:43:36

Just thinking back to the things which I did with my sister:
- The Flintstone Family (Pony was the dog / dino thing)
- The nursrey rhyme where the cow (pony) jumped over the moon. There was also a dish and a spoon in this one. I think we might have had the song playing somehow too.
- A scarecrow, field and crows
- Pirateship
- Robin hood (can't remember what the poor pony was in this one)
- Humptey Dumptey
- Dragon (pony), princess and knight

I'll get back to you if I remember any more.

alicecrail Tue 21-Jul-09 17:48:28

We did the flintstones when we were younger, and my little cousin did one on his little dartmoor where my cousin dressed as a spider and the pony wore a sheet cut out to look like a spiderweb.

With the flintstones, we sewed little spikes (cardboard triangles) along the mane and tail, it was good fun.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now