Talk

Advanced search

New to sharing

(3 Posts)
AlwaysSunshine81 Sat 24-Aug-19 23:30:05

Have just decided to take on a share, 2 days a week, not many jobs need doing and we have been for amazing hacks this week. I have 3 children 16, 12 and 4 and they are all welcome at the yard.
I am
Paying £20 a week at the moment for 2 days to cover food etc. I’m concerned this isn’t enough! She has said I can go more than 2 days a week if I want as the pony needs exercising. Does this seem ok?

Booboostwo Mon 26-Aug-19 08:39:07

I've never asked for money from my sharers because I have the horses at home and was more in need of hands on help than money, so if the owner is happy with £20 a week count your lucky stars.

snowpo Mon 26-Aug-19 22:09:51

Maybe that's your answer, pony needs exercise so you are helping the owner out. I've had sharers for my horses and never charged more than £80pcm as they've helped out with chores and kept the horses fit.

Also depends a bit on what type of livery the pony is on, if it's grass livery it might only cost the owner £100/month (plus food, shoes etc). Part livery cost could be 5x that.

The good sharers are reliable, turn up when they say they will, do as the owner asks. There are so many bad sharers out there, if you're a good one she'll want to hold on to you!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »