Talk

Advanced search

To old for falling off😉

(5 Posts)
Holland00 Sun 21-May-17 22:34:06

So I'm backing a few for other people at the moment, got launched yesterday by a naughty baby coblet...
Par for the course I guess, every year I say I'm not backing anymore, don't bounce like I used to.
Thank God for all the rain, has a soft landing at least.

On a positive, I actually got time to start backing my 3 year old today🐎🐎

ImBrian Mon 22-May-17 18:01:25

I got bucked of yesterday for the first time in over two decades. Today I hurt! I defenitly don't bounce anymore.

happygardening Mon 22-May-17 22:10:22

I'm a pretty competent rider but had no fault on either myself or the horses side fall jumping a couple of months, I landed on a mounting block with a very loud thump and definitely didn't bounce. Middle aged I (and my instructor I suspect) was frankly amazed nothing snapped! I've not jumped since I'll stick with the dressage I think. It's just not worth it.

MeltingSnowflake Wed 24-May-17 02:49:19

Yeah - I'm back in the saddle after 10 years out of it and I'm really not looking forward to the first time I fall off this time round - definitely feel like I'll snap rather than bounce! hmm

Garnethair Thu 25-May-17 19:12:28

I had my first fall in about 20 years a couple of weeks ago. There must be something in the air, my fault entirely.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now