Talk

Advanced search

Jodhpurs for tall, slim 14 year old

(8 Posts)
Noitsnotteatimeyet Wed 21-Dec-16 07:24:47

Dd needs some new jodhpurs - her current everyday ones are Belstar long fit ones which we got from equestrian.com but these seem to have been discontinued. We got her some which were supposed to be slim-fitting but they're too wide and short. Any recommendations please? She's 5'8" (mostly leg) and usually takes a size 4-6 in non-riding clothes. She's much too tall for children's sizes although they fit her better width-wise. She spends most days during the holidays at the stables so they just need to be everyday jodhpurs and not too £££ as she's still growing!

Sweepingchange Wed 21-Dec-16 08:11:17

I started a thread about this very issue a few months back (will try and link when I get a minute).

My dd (13 yrs) is also a string bean but is a size 8 in adult clothing but no jodphurs ever seemed long enough.

The consensus was that Shires are long in the leg. I've bought a couple of pairs and they are a great length for her. HTH.

Sweepingchange Wed 21-Dec-16 08:14:59

here it is!

Noitsnotteatimeyet Wed 21-Dec-16 08:22:26

Thanks - have ordered some shires and keep fingers crossed that they fit!

Sweepingchange Wed 21-Dec-16 12:23:21

Fingers crossed !

user1480179933 Thu 22-Dec-16 22:10:29

I have the same problem and the shires wessex ones fit me well. I also have some kids ones from decathlon which are about 3 years old but I think they still do them, they come up longish and are really long lasting

DrunkenUnicorn Fri 30-Dec-16 13:32:37

My 13 year old 5'8 bean pole has a few pairs of the smallest size from Aldi, a 24'. They are just about right and we're only £12 a pair!

Noitsnotteatimeyet Fri 30-Dec-16 20:05:59

Reporting back - the Wessex Shires size 8 are certainly long enough, although still a bit roomy width-wise but at least they've got enough stretch so that they don't fall down!

Thanks for the recommendation

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now