Talk

Advanced search

Thoughts on this yard I viewed today?

(3 Posts)
poniesgalore Sun 27-Nov-16 22:00:06

I have named changed for this, just in case the details are a bit outing!

We went to view a sole use yard for rent today. It's only 2 mins drive from our house. There are 4 big stables, an enormous tack room with loo, 6 acres divided into 3 paddocks plus a free-draining flat field for schooling/jumping and... wait for it... private access to an 80 acre valley containing a full run of various height XC jumps!!

Of course, there has to be a downside doesn't there??! In this case the stables adjoin a busy boarding kennels. The noise of the dogs barking was loud and I don't think there's even that many dogs in at be moment! Particularly noisy in the end stable which shares a wall with the kennels. None of our horses is particularly sensitive or bothered by dogs but I'm just not sure how the constant noise might effect them. I think I would have to invest in ear defenders for myself or the noise would drive me insane! Surely the dogs don't bark constantly??? Or maybe they do???

Is this a deal breaker? I just don't know!!!

angeldiver Sun 27-Nov-16 22:04:06

Dogs don't tend to bark constantly.
I liveried next door to a kennels, it was never a problem.
It wouldn't be a deal breaker for me.

Moanranger Fri 02-Dec-16 23:14:19

They would probably get used to the noise. I kept horses in Greater London & there lots of yards close to A3 & M25, so constant road noise.
Maybe avoid using the box adjacent to kennels.
Could use it as a bargaining point to get price down

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now