Talk

Advanced search

Asking the impossible?

(14 Posts)
whattodoay Tue 02-Aug-16 21:45:22

I have put out so many Wanted ads but there seems to be absolutely no horse fitting my criteria so I'm beginning to think I'm asking for the impossible.
The list goes as follows:
Filly, preferably under 2
To make 14.2 and above
Not a TB
I am open to any other breed including gypsy cobs as long as they have good confirmation

I would absolutely love for a foal that won't be weaned for a while so I can truly know the horse from the beginning.
I have a sensible budget for what I'm after which will only increase in time but I've googled and facebooked and there is nothing!!

Jacobbay Wed 03-Aug-16 07:43:46

So you're looking to buy a youngster? Horsemart? Preloved? If you have experience of young stock how about contacting a sanctuary?

Jacobbay Wed 03-Aug-16 07:47:16

A quick glance at horsemart lists 54 adverts for fillies 2 years and under.

sparechange Wed 03-Aug-16 07:49:06

Where abouts are you based?
The London and Surrey horses FB group has colts and fillies coming up for sale fairly regularly

Butkin Wed 03-Aug-16 12:36:39

There is a "stunning dun filly" on Horsequest which exactly fulfils your criteria..

So you plan to buy her now and keep her for a couple of years before you break her in? Long term project! What do you ultimately plan to do with her? That thought will get you concentrating on certain breeds/athleticism.

whattodoay Wed 03-Aug-16 20:38:12

Believe me I have seen all these on horsemart etc etc and I just don't like the look of them!
Have been breaking in youngsters for a few years and I've decided now is time to find my forever horse. I love ground work just as much as riding and thought a yearling would be perfect so we have known each other forever iyswim.
Plan to keep for a few years before breaking in (probably will send off to be broken at a yard just down the road as the quality of horses they produced I have yet to see matched). Then keep forever, and just have tons of fun!

Rosieposy4 Wed 03-Aug-16 20:43:28

I am not sure why you are finding it so hard. Are you on lots of local/localish horse related facebook groups? Have you contacted local studs?
I bought my mare at six months direct from a stud, there was plenty of choice of both studs and foals within them, there are also a number of people on.p my local fb groups who are small time breeders and advertise their foals. Whereabouts are you?

Jacobbay Wed 03-Aug-16 20:55:49

Dragon driving?

QuestionableMouse Wed 03-Aug-16 20:55:50

m.horsemart.co.uk/very-flashy-foal-to-make-16-2hh-sj-show-event-prospect/Horses/483758

QuestionableMouse Wed 03-Aug-16 20:58:59

www.waverleystud.com/waverley-dream-girl-22052016.htm

(sorry for the multiple replies, I'm on my phone and the text keeps vanishing when I switch tabs.)

wigglybeezer Wed 03-Aug-16 21:04:15

I think Chamfron stud still have a two year old criollo cross for sale and possibly a yearling too.

Jacobbay Wed 03-Aug-16 21:37:06

White hawk stud?

QuestionableMouse Thu 04-Aug-16 00:00:06

I can't use dragon driving. There are so many poor wormy looking cobs on there it gives me the rage.

Booboostwo Thu 04-Aug-16 06:17:06

There are about three billion horse breeders why not contact some of them directly? It's difficult to be more precise unless you specify what you want the horse for. For example there are quite a few people breeding dressage horses at the moment, Woodlander stud, Mount StJohn, etc.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now