Talk

Advanced search

Advice re: selling an equestrian smallholding in North Wales

(10 Posts)
Moooving123 Thu 23-Jun-16 13:17:46

Hi

I am having to sell my 'supposed to be forever home' due to a necessary relocation. It has been formulated to be purely about equestrian keeping, with approx 10 acres, a massive purpose-built stable block, established grazing, no neighbours, backing onto a huge mountain with awesome rides and Dutch hay barn storage and a further barn in real sheep country. Yep, we fell head over heels.

I am wondering if anybody else has sold their similar property in North Wales, or indeed bought, and could recommend whether they went with a local agency or national focused?

Thanks!

slightlyfuzzy Thu 23-Jun-16 14:56:26

Hi I sold a slightly larger property last year and although it was in a completely different area to you ( Home Counties) I would advise looking at good local agricultural / rural property agents as most have an equestrian section , perhaps look at the agents you bought through originally , you could look thorough local agents properties and find one that has similar properties to yours. I would get at least 3 valuations and go with the agents who you like best and feel most comfortable with
I had a local well known agent and most of my viewers were local . Although nearly all advertise nationwide as it's easy today with the Internet .
I would suggest two things 1/ that they accompany all viewers ( I found they were more more selective to suitability of viewers ) 2/ that they ask buyers position and only brought along prospective buyers that could actually afford to purchase rather than dreamers . I know this sounds perhaps harsh but every viewing I presented the property as immaculately as I could and this takes a lot of time , money and effort .
Not sure I've actually answered your question but hopefully given you a couple of tried and tested pointers .
Best of luck with the sale

WellErrr Thu 23-Jun-16 15:00:07

Whereabouts? The problem (as you seem to have found) is the location.

Moooving123 Thu 23-Jun-16 15:19:20

@WellErrr, just outside of Flintshire - location is one of our most strongest points - not many houses these days have land with no restrictions, no neighbours, half a mile drive and a mountain range right bordering their fields - it truly is a hidden gem - can you tell I am not happy to be leaving?!

@slightlyfuzzy thank you, really helpful indeed - certainly no dreamers although my friend once sold up (long time now) and were told 'but it is too much like a farm'. Well what did they expect coming to a place with 100+ and cattle in the pic?

Thank you both x

Gide Sat 25-Jun-16 21:43:15

Go national for advertising and ensure the agent emphasises amount of land/possibilities, not just equestrian.I'm looking to buy in a totally different part of the country to where I am now so it's definitely worth advertising widely, not just locally.

ADishBestEatenCold Sun 26-Jun-16 00:18:06

Which agency did you buy it via? They presumably marketed it suitably.

StayAtHomeNotMum Tue 28-Jun-16 22:49:20

try JacksonsEquestrian - it's the sort of property they have on their books

StayAtHomeNotMum Tue 28-Jun-16 22:50:36

www.jacksonequestrian.com/properties/search/for-sale

tootsietoo Mon 04-Jul-16 09:26:01

I was going to say Jackson Equestrian too.

It sounds amazing!

Moooving123 Tue 12-Jul-16 20:33:46

Thanks for all help!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now