Advanced search

Rider insurance

(6 Posts)
Helen1966 Tue 14-Jun-16 18:07:59

My daughter has gone away to Uni and so we are horseless now as I did not want to keep a horse just for myself and for her occasionally. However when she is home she rides my neighbours horse who I know does not have insurance. She also exercises several horses for another person nearby. She rides almost every day when she is home for the holiday.

So I think We should get aome rider insurance. Where best? How does insurance from someone like NFU compare to insurance though being a BHS member?

DraughtyWindow Sat 18-Jun-16 11:00:48

Depends on whether or not you want Vets Fees cover or just public liability. I'd phone each up for a quote and find out what best suits your needs.

honeyroar Sat 18-Jun-16 20:34:08

Id go for BHS. It covers her on any horse (as long as it's unpaid riding), plus they have a good helpline.

Detailsoverleaf Sun 19-Jun-16 17:24:52

I pay about £10 per month with PetPlan. Covers me when I'm riding my share pony and also riding school lessons. Think it covers personal injury, public liability and vets

Helen1966 Mon 25-Jul-16 21:36:12

Went with the BHS membership in the end. I think it covers everthing she needs.

SoleBizzz Thu 15-Sep-16 10:29:52

All vet fees too?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now