Talk

Advanced search

Katie Price critised in the SUN for clipping shapes into her ponies coat

(11 Posts)
Eve Tue 26-Apr-16 12:53:20

I'll not link, but article is causing much hilarity on FB equine pages.

..apparently PETA think its cruel!!

I'll not confess to clipping lightening stripes on DPs bum this winter!

Eve Tue 26-Apr-16 12:53:56

DP.. as in pony not partner! ( not sure partner would appreciate being clipped)

WellErrr Tue 26-Apr-16 12:56:50

Well it's tacky as fuck and I refuse to do it for clients but it's not cruelty.

WellErrr Tue 26-Apr-16 12:57:26

Sorry just seen you've done it.......! blush

Eve Tue 26-Apr-16 13:00:22

Tacky but fun! Especially on kids ponies

CatchIt Wed 27-Apr-16 18:57:17

I think it's hilarious! I fail to see the difference between a clip and leaving a heart or 2 on the bum!

I'd have had this on DHorse if I could've!

Catscatsandmorecats Fri 29-Apr-16 19:45:28

WellErr I didn't realise you were horsey! I have to admit I have tried to do this to dpony but only for the kids who rode her at the time. Sadly I lack the skill to do anything more than a basic clip blush

WellErrr Fri 29-Apr-16 19:51:18

I am vair horsey, for my sins wink

I clip horses all winter, go all over the place. I'm increasingly being asked to do little designs, and I just do blank face and say 'No. I don't do that.' Then carry on talking about something else. It's a bit of a standing joke now and I'm sure some people do it just to wind me up grin

What's your DPony?

Catscatsandmorecats Fri 29-Apr-16 20:10:38

I shall have to remember how vair horsey you are when I have questions! I don't blame you not wanting to do designs when you clip, it's fun for kids but different if you are used to competing in certain disciplines.

Dpony is a Welsh C, just popped some pics on the show us your neddies thread. She's not perfect, but she's mine. And she's a bloody great tonic for me at the moment.

WellErrr Fri 29-Apr-16 20:16:34

It's just pure stubbornness, I am well aware that I'm the one at fault grin

I've just got a sec D now, he's lovely but I'm not riding at the mo as I'm pregnant. Feel like he's being wasted but not much I can do!
Haven't had a welshie for years as I was eventing for a long time, and I'd forgotten how lovely they are!

70isaLimitNotaTarget Fri 29-Apr-16 22:23:05

I heard Steve Allen on LBC drivelling on today about her dyeing a pony pink (I could tell he wouldn't approve)

The pony (dressed as a Unicorn) seemed more annoyed by the flash photography than the colurant, which I'd guess is food colouring?

I'm sure in the Great Scheme Of Things, there are far worse things happening to equines everywhere.

Love the Pegasus Clip BTW wink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now