Talk

Advanced search

Head shaking

(9 Posts)
WickedGirl Mon 18-Apr-16 22:00:11

Would you buys 6year old mare that shakes her head around for the first 10 minutes or so of being ridden?

mrslaughan Mon 18-Apr-16 22:13:51

Not without having some understanding as to why...... Is it something that will get worse , is what I would worry about.

Pebbldash Tue 19-Apr-16 10:36:55

No.

Butkin Tue 19-Apr-16 12:41:33

Our mare head shakes in Summer - not quite sure reason as lots of things are occurring like midges, sunlight, pollen etc when she starts. We now use a nosenet and give her Shake Free powder every day and this does help a lot. However it she can be a pain to ride if she's so overwhelmed that she's likely to trip herself up! I would tend to avoid unless you know why and how they treat it.

Butkin Tue 19-Apr-16 12:42:19

What I should have said is that our mare never head shakes in Winter so would be a perfect hunter. Therefore it really depends on circumstances and what you want to do..

Gabilan Tue 19-Apr-16 19:52:33

From a known seller who I could trust to tell me the truth, possibly if the mare had a lot else going for her. Otherwise, no.

WellErrr Tue 19-Apr-16 19:56:55

Absolutely not, it can make them unrideable and be incredibly difficult to solve.

Pebbldash Tue 19-Apr-16 20:34:22

Horses are easy to buy and hard to sell. I wouldn't buy one with sweet itch either.

WickedGirl Mon 25-Apr-16 22:12:13

Thank you

That's what I thought too

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now