riding stables accessible from SE London

(4 Posts)
minimisa Mon 11-Jan-16 12:28:16

Does anyone know of any with decent hacking and some lessons for small children? I'd love to take one of my sons and have the opportunity to hack myself. I used to go to one in Blackdown Hill near Midhurst but it closed down so I'd love a recommendation. Thanks!

noramum Mon 11-Jan-16 15:25:12

DD (8.5) goes to Mount Mascal in Bexley. It is quite a large school with lots of instructors.

They are a big Pony Club center and DD currently prepares for her D-Test. they run holiday activities with options to earn badges and do test preparations.

I know they do adult hacks, lots of woods nearby but I haven't been on a horse myself so I don't know how it works.

The office can be a bit unorganised but I found that questions asked by email are answered quickly.

sparechange Mon 11-Jan-16 15:28:54

There are stables in Dulwich. The lessons are good but hacking is quite limited. They have direct access into Dulwich Park, but that's about it

minimisa Mon 11-Jan-16 19:34:09

Thanks, I've been to the Dulwich Stables but I'm interested in hacking and the park doesn't quite do it. I'll check out Mount Mascal though, thanks Nora.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now