Talk

Advanced search

OMG, saddle fitting nightmare..

(10 Posts)
BlueBrightFuture Mon 23-Nov-15 20:59:46

Last week had a saddle fitter show up with faulty saddle, after waiting a week for an appointment... Saddle had to be returned to manufacturer did not hear a dickie bird so rang up after a few days, appears not another one in stock so it will be mended and send back to saddle man when sorted. Tried to phone another saddle man but he can not come out to fit saddle for about 10 days...

Seems like these people are simply not interested in selling saddles.. I don't really want to buy from them anymore. Do I order one online? Saddles direct do saddles on trial so I would be able to send it back if it does not fit? WWYD??

Thanks.

mrslaughan Tue 24-Nov-15 09:38:39

you need a saddle fitter.........where do you live - a mumsnetter may be close to you and recommend someone?

Eve Tue 24-Nov-15 09:40:21

a week?? where I am the decent saddle fitters have min of 6-8 weeks wait.

Given the problems a poorly fitted saddle can cause, a fitting by a master saddler is worth the wait.

BlueBrightFuture Tue 24-Nov-15 12:46:04

We are in Bexley. Thanks

mrslaughan Tue 24-Nov-15 17:01:10

What sort of horse are you wanting to fit? Cob, pony or more of a sport horse ?
And also are you looking for secondhand or new?

potap123 Tue 24-Nov-15 17:04:25

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Alfredoshoes Tue 24-Nov-15 19:36:46

What was the saddle that was sent back? Was it a gp one? I use a saddle fitter who doesn't sell saddles but tells me what to buy, I find it and she pops back to fit it.

BlueBrightFuture Tue 24-Nov-15 20:29:07

David Dyer is the one who showed up with faulty saddle. (After we were kept waiting for ages). Not keen to go back there.

Was going to buy new because I would like something that fits, wish I could get second hand. I find learher gets more comfortable with age.

I used to have a Pessoa (jumping saddle) for my horse but it somehow seemed to fit on most other horses I was riding. Wondering if I could get away with an adjustable Pessoa?

BlueBrightFuture Tue 24-Nov-15 20:32:10

Alfredoshoes, may I ask how to find fitters like that. Sounds perfect.

Alfredoshoes Tue 24-Nov-15 21:32:23

I'll pm you my saddle fitter's details!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now