Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

lunge lessons

(8 Posts)
ShapeSorterGoesWild Sun 08-Nov-15 21:21:58

Just wondering if anyone else is having lunge lessons and what sort of things you work on. I've mainly been doing trotting without stirrups and trying to do exercises at the same time, which is hard! smile

TwatByName Sun 08-Nov-15 21:32:45

When I was 7-8 my teacher had me, doing this, trotting without stirrups, arms out straight like a star, and arms folded which was the hardest, then arms out arms arms in on shouts, rising trot without stirrups, grip with the knees! Small jumps with arms out straight and without stirrups too.

I found cantering with arms folded the worst as just felt like I was falling out the side door so would grab the saddle and get shouted at.
Some days I hated it grin

ShapeSorterGoesWild Sun 08-Nov-15 21:48:56

Haha! Apparently, we will be doing rising trot without stirrups...which will be interesting!

ShapeSorterGoesWild Sun 08-Nov-15 21:51:46

I guess the arms folded when cantering must stop you shoving with your seat. I know what you mean about possibly hating it! It's a bit like a roller coaster when you're not sure how it's going to work when when you first try. Really need to work on my balance though smile

ShapeSorterGoesWild Sun 08-Nov-15 21:52:51

Which I was 7 now! I don't think I will bounce as well on the floor at 37!

PuppyMouse Sun 08-Nov-15 22:32:47

I think I'd benefit from something like this too! Good luck!

TwatByName Sun 08-Nov-15 22:40:52

The cantering with arms folded on a tight circle, made you want to learn in Against the getting flung off the outside feeling,
I'm not sure it was to stop shoving. More so you learnt to sit and balance without relying on the reins and horses mouth.

Rising trot without stirrups, takes some getting use to, like I said grip with the knees, you'll probably end up leaning forward to begin with (and get.told off), but they'll want you straight backed and on the movement.

Are you just learning to ride or brushing up?

Good luck smile

ShapeSorterGoesWild Mon 09-Nov-15 22:15:55

Brushing up kind of...long break so might as well be learning again! smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now