Talk

Advanced search

Let's see your neddies

(56 Posts)
Iwouldratherbemuckingout Sun 28-Jun-15 13:51:40

Let's have a mumsnet equine roll call. Meet Rose (little section d chestnut mare, dressage diva, happy hacker and giver of kisses and mender of broken hearts) george (retired bay Clydesdale x big soft lump) and Annie (retired grey roan show cob - retired after 2 years of inconclusive lameness stuff, was My dream horse wahhhhh)

The George and Annie retirement club is why my heart needed mending!!

Pixel Tue 30-Jun-15 22:28:38

I hate to see you here all by yourself so here's my clydesdale X. We can turn this into the clydesdale fan club if you like smile.
We had a welsh D too but sadly lost him last summer aged 25.

Littlegreyauditor Wed 01-Jul-15 20:57:50

envy

I am currently horseless, having been with horse for 25 years, but am so jealous of your Clydesdale X. So very jealous.

My next door neighbours at the minute are two full Clydesdale broodmares called Molly and Jess, happily gestating and allowing means toddler DS to visit them and feed them carrots. I am eagerly awaiting foals.

Littlegreyauditor Wed 01-Jul-15 20:58:14

Message withdrawn - duplicate post.

Gabilan Wed 01-Jul-15 21:20:07

My IDxTB. So it might have to be a heavy horse x appreciation thread!

ArsenalsPlayingAtHome Wed 01-Jul-15 21:34:48

Oh wow! Gabilan, what a beauty star!!

You all have gorgeous horses!

P0llyP0cketR0cket Wed 01-Jul-15 21:42:19

Polly Pocket Rocket - ISH, hunter, eventer, dressage diva. Love her to the moon & back star

Gabilan Wed 01-Jul-15 21:57:07

Thanks Arsenal. I'm so glad I've got him. He's honest and kind and just a little bit of a thug as well. Took me a little while but now we have a partnership and the thuggy bit of him works for me not against me, which is ace. I think that's Irish Draughts though. They have a bit of something about them, you just have to get them on your side.

Iwouldratherbemuckingout Fri 03-Jul-15 21:23:29

All lovely! I am happy to share Clydesdale cuddles - there are enough for everyone smile

Rosieposy4 Sat 04-Jul-15 23:14:21

it's like a failsafe outing though isn't it, share pics of your horse then everyone knows who you are sad shame cos mine are the most beautiful beasts on the planet

kormachameleon Sat 04-Jul-15 23:20:36

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Sierraspider Mon 06-Jul-15 12:22:13

This is Rocket - our gypsy vanner mare 9 years old, 13.2hh

loveareadingthanks Mon 06-Jul-15 17:29:09

korma - Fjord?

Pixel Mon 06-Jul-15 23:08:32

I was going to say Fjord as well because of the mane, but don't they normally have the white bits down the sides and black down the middle? Or doesn't it matter?

kormachameleon Tue 07-Jul-15 02:27:00

Pixel Tue 07-Jul-15 20:43:33

Ah I see, so you sort of have it brushed over to one side so it looks like the white bit is on top? She is lovely btw!
Those manes must be quite high maintenance when they are hogged. My mum would like to hog dhorse but I won't let her, partly because I like his mane, it gives him character, and partly because the speed it grows it would look a mess about 80% of the time grin.
I did have a quick google of fjord manes and some of them are done in stunning designs with little black hearts and suchlike. Very clever!

kormachameleon Wed 08-Jul-15 15:44:21

SunnyBaudelaire Wed 08-Jul-15 15:48:02

hope this works...
Here is DPony - have been starving myself for two years so I can ride her too.....
Sadly they are both going away in sept to train at an equestrian centre....(one of the few left)

SunnyBaudelaire Wed 08-Jul-15 15:48:43

she is a Welsh Section C with impeccable breeding.....

Plomino Wed 08-Jul-15 18:44:54

I have these 3 lurking outside ! The big bay is my Danish Warmblood diva, who I bought out of pity - he was being neglected - and subsequently turned out to be a medium dressage horse . The grey is another rescue , a Belgian Warmblood I bought for a pound , as his owner couldnt handle him . Very very clever , too much so in fact , as he learns bad habits just as quickly as good ones ! We're still learning , but I think he's clever enough to event . The little one is another rescue job that turned into a great kids pony , who is currently teaching my dd about ponies . Hay monsters all .

honeyroar Thu 09-Jul-15 15:45:34

My two. Bay IDxTB mare, now 17, who I've done all RC activities and all BE lower level. Husband's IDxTBxHolstein who ought to have done much more as he has talent, but has got to age 12 as a happy hacker/life of Riley horse.

honeyroar Thu 09-Jul-15 15:47:20

Oops, forgot photos!

carabos Sun 12-Jul-15 16:39:14

From the sublime to the ridiculousgrin. Homebred TBxHann, 17 years young, about to come out at Inter 2.

carabos Sun 12-Jul-15 16:40:09

Oops - pics here

sighsloudly Sun 12-Jul-15 16:47:17

rosie tbxcob. i have had her 6 months and we are learning together.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now