Talk

Advanced search

Finding a share..

(7 Posts)
Sparky05 Wed 10-Jun-15 21:44:12

Ugh, so we've been looking for my daughter for 3 months roughly now, and still waiting for 'the one'. I know it can take ages, but there's really nothing - it appears - on the market that is just right. Tell me someone is having the same problems as us? <Looking for a pony between 13.2 and 15.2 that she can compete in everything, but particularly ode's and jumping. X

SonceyD0g Thu 11-Jun-15 13:17:07

You're looking for something which is very popular sorry it may be a long wait. Where are you looking?

SansaUndercover Thu 11-Jun-15 19:45:26

Are you actually after a share, rather than looking to buy? I think finding a share horse you can compete is going to be hard, especially if you want to event. A lot of people who offer shares don't offer the chance to compete (as I'm sure you've discovered) for a variety of reasons. You might be better off starting off a share and asking about competing once you've proved you're committed, reliable and competent.

I agree that what you're looking for is fairly popular, and pretty rare, so you may well be waiting a while.

Have you tried posting a wanted ad at all? Sometimes these can work.

Sparky05 Thu 11-Jun-15 20:42:25

Hiya, smile surrey area! We have been to see three potentials which haven't been quite right, and have two more lined up. Things are looking a bit better todaygrinx

SonceyD0g Fri 12-Jun-15 11:42:29

Have you looked on your local pony club websites?

backinthebox Sun 14-Jun-15 22:34:28

I think you are looking for a very rare creature. No, not the horse (good horses who can compete at eventing and showjumping are reasonably common.) But an owner, who - having put sufficient time into schooling or money into buying such a horse - is willing to let someone they don't know take their pride and joy out competing without having built up a relationship of trust first. Especially if that someone is a child.

AuntieDee Mon 22-Jun-15 15:14:38

I've got the other problem - a horse I want someone to compete and no one suitable sad

Keep looking - there will be something! A good time to start looking is at the end of August when all the teens are off to uni...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now