Talk

Advanced search

Horse healers/communicators....

(19 Posts)
Bonkey Mon 04-May-15 22:35:24

Thoughts?

I have one coming to see me and BonkeyTB tomorrow.
Curiosity more than anything although I am not a complete sceptic on the whole psychic/communication thing ...

Has anyone used one before?
How did you find it?
Or do you think its complete tosh? grin

AlpacaMyBags Mon 04-May-15 22:39:45

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Bonkey Mon 04-May-15 22:44:12

I will let you know grin

I am fairly confident (famous last words) I will know if she's a con because I know BonkeyTBs history plus the bad bits that there is no way she could have a guess and get it bang on. All info can be checked!

I am also aware of certain issues (health/pain/soreness related etc) we have at the moment so it will be interesting to see if she picks up on this.

I'm open but not stupid wink .

BaldricksWife Tue 05-May-15 09:59:14

There used to be a remarkable 'Radionics' practitioner called Lavender Bowers (sadly gone) where you could send hair samples with astonishing results, you could also be on the black box there. Never personally had a communicator in but a good friend (sceptic) of mine has and was seriously impressed- like anything, it depends who you get. Let us know how it panned out!

AuntieDee Tue 05-May-15 11:18:03

My only experience is of my friend who had one to her horse as a 'last resort' as he was going downhill after being retired early. She told her he was sad and wanted to go back into work. Turns out she had a full back X-ray redone he had kissing spines and SI problems - poor animal was put through even more pain sad

RedRugNoniMouldiesEtc Tue 05-May-15 11:32:47

I've only experience of one communicator who was absolutely bang on with every horse of ours (belonging to friends, people on the same yard etc). Even diagnosed a serious condition that had been ruled out. This later turned out to be correct. I'm a guarded open minder I suppose but there is no denying she was excellent, several serious sceptics accepted that it was startling.

Bonkey Tue 05-May-15 20:30:09

She's been!

I have to say I am a little impressed!

She knew things about him she wouldn't have guessed or known unless she had spoken to his old owners/grooms/me .

Until she showed up she didn't know his name so she couldn't of looked it up!

Not to sure about the healing side of it if I'm honest but we will see....I feel like I understand him better and have something to work with now.

She was with me for a good 90mins so....worth the money if you want a bit of a eye opener!

JulyKit Wed 06-May-15 16:57:26

Bonkey I am totally intrigued by this.

Can you tell us more about what happened and what she did and what sort of things she knew (obviously without giving away any personal information that you don't want to give away)....?

Please, please tell us some more. It just sounds really, really fascinating. smile brew

Bonkey Wed 06-May-15 19:45:34

She just put he hands on him and stroked him - like I said...not convinced on the healing bit but time will tell - he has been in a very happy, playful but calmish mood since.

She said he showed her pictures.

'A dark barn type place, completely shut in but he could hear outside, this is why he hates being inside'
I have been told by a groom who knew him from birth that he was a the only colt out of a season of foals and got a bit frisky so he was shut in a barn until he went into training.

He looks incredible - all shiny and muscle, he is showing off because he is proud
He was a racehorse.

He doesn't like shouting because someone used to shout at him alot and get angry with him, he didn't understand why. She was also afraid of him and this he also didn't get because no one had been scared of him before - this made him anxious
Bang on, I knew his last owner - thread bashing around here somewhere about it.

He knows he plays up sometimes but he can't help it, he is worries it will push me away
He is a pain iin the arse at times but I know he can't help it - his face tells me all grin

His front left foot hurts
This one was intresting because he showed no signs of infection or lameness - I have had the farrier out today and he has a abcess - now burst and poulticed....

He likes grass nuts and wants some
Never fed grass nuts personally, the girl before me didn't - his trainer did - I asked last night.

And she piced up on his back problems and mirrore what my physio had said the day before -- there is some more but you get the jist smile

AuntieDee Wed 06-May-15 20:54:39

They could apply to the vast majority of ex racehorses...

JulyKit Wed 06-May-15 21:11:31

Hmm, I sense a new calling coming into my life. How much did she charge? wink

No, seriously, it's interesting, thank you for telling more about it. What did she actually do? I have images of a reiki-type thing.

Glad he's been in a good mood today! smile

JulyKit Wed 06-May-15 21:26:23

Sorry, I realised I keep asking you what she actually did, and you've already said... blush

I'm off to google horse healers. I love this kinda thing! smile

Bonkey Wed 06-May-15 21:39:34

I didn't feel ripped off - she was with me for nearly two hours so I was happy to pay because I was curious.

I have heard of some people going into what I would consider silly money for the promise of the same....if it had been anymore I wouldn't have bothered.

She didn't really do anything - like I said she stroked him across certain areas, a bit of massage on his shoulder, towards the end she almost put him in a trance - he was silly calm. Not the easiest thing to do with a spooky tb on a windy day.

She practises alot of natural horsemanship so that could have helped with that mind, she did recommend some things to do with him which I am looking into.

Are all racehorses locked in a dark open barn alone as youngsters?
Genuine question - yes I know they are stabled but are many of them shut away on their own without the means to look out? If they are then yes it would be fairly obvious

She was completely spot on about his previous owner - I know all of it because I was on the same yard....she said things that I don't think could be a guess or a common stab in the dark.

She didn't know my horses name or my full name before i filled in the form - I told her nothing beforehand bar my yard address.

She didn't tell me anything I didn't already know as such (bar the abscess today) but I found it interesting and quite calming.

I have defiantly seen a difference in my horse! He just seems more content somehow...

Not for everyone I accept that but I would say if you had a bit of spare cash and the curiosity then you have nothing to lose - you will either be convinced or not or still on the fence with splinters in your arse grin

Bonkey Wed 06-May-15 21:40:51

July I am happy to pm a link to her website if you want to have a read?
I was very emotional yesterday doing my 'research' but I am a bit of a mess anyway at the moment so that means nowt grin

JulyKit Wed 06-May-15 22:19:00

Bonkey that would be really interesting. Thank you! smile

I hope you're OK, btw...

Incapinka Wed 06-May-15 22:36:44

Could you PM her website too? Find this all intriguing - especially the abscess...

TheLoneRanger Wed 06-May-15 22:39:53

Oh, please just post the link to her website!

Bonkey Wed 06-May-15 22:58:00

Happy to pm the link but don't particularly want to post it publicly - y'know - just in case I am liable for owt grin

I will say that if I wasn't so clued up on mines history then I don't know if I would have been so interested - the fact that I can put weight to what she said as such helped me be more open towards it and some of the things she suggested.

I am going to have her out to do BonkeyShetty at some point though.

I bet he has a right mouthful of dirt on me wink

JulyKit Wed 06-May-15 23:03:07

Just had a look. I feel quite inspired - and a bit moved to tears, TBH. blush

Lots of food for thought there.

Thank you, Bonkey. smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now