Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Kentucky and Badminton! Exciting times ahead!!

(11 Posts)
Incapinka Thu 23-Apr-15 09:59:14

Anyone watching? Anyone going?!

frostyfingers Thu 23-Apr-15 17:27:53

Sadly not going to either but will be glued to the Badminton coverage on Saturday - I've put a line through the diary and will not be doing anything else ALL day!

Eve Thu 23-Apr-15 17:32:52

not to either sadly.

Was at Somerley a few weeks ago and got to see all the big names going over a 1* course.

( and managed to get in Mark Todds way coming out of dressage arenas heading back to lorries... told him he wasn't allowed to be rude as I'd jut spent £80 on a pair of his jods for my son. DS2 was thrilled to say hello to Mary King , but no selfie as he was drinking hot choc at time and had it all over his face!!!)

Incapinka Fri 24-Apr-15 21:27:00

Just been watching dressage in Kentucky. Michi Jung is seriously impressive. Poor Zara had to withdraw just before she went in though. Long way to go...

carabos Thu 30-Apr-15 19:17:48

We're going to Badminton. Won the tickets in a draw at Hartpury - extra pleased because our horse's former yard buddy is running. Haven't booked the hotel yet - it's on my to do list for tomorrow.

honeyroar Thu 30-Apr-15 23:46:15

I'm going to the Thursday dressage and the XC. I was severely tempted to camp, but scraping ice off my car at 6am a couple of times last week put me off! We always camp at Bramham, which is not far off.

Where have you been watching Kentucky? I was working this weekend and missed it. I'd love to watch it on catch up if anyone knows where you can.

Incapinka Fri 01-May-15 17:30:38

You can watch Kentucky on USEF Network or FEI TV if you have a subscription.

Countdown to badminton is on. Heading up on Friday and staying. Am taking a lot of clothes!!!!

honeyroar Fri 01-May-15 20:56:42

Thanks.

Are you camping or in a hotel? Looks as though it may rain for it a bit.

Incapinka Sat 02-May-15 09:58:39

Camping... I am taking a lot of clothes!!!!

Really looking forward to it. Just hoping that the wifi works up there as I work for one of the riders and need to keep the club members up to date.

Hoping the rain will leave us alone... (Heads off to check weather...!)

honeyroar Sat 02-May-15 20:47:24

Fingers crossed it gets all the rain out of the way this bank holiday and gets nice again. We deserve a nice year after last year's weather. How exciting. Have fun and hope that your rider does well (now am really intrigued!).

Incapinka Sat 02-May-15 21:39:07

Just checked weather (again!) and it is looking dry from wednesday. So hope that it's right....!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now