Talk

Advanced search

Lost my confidence and looking for loan? Help please :)

(3 Posts)
MeowImaCatfish Sat 20-Dec-14 14:54:16

I think it's just because I've not rode in 3/4 years properly, but DM's just got a livery set up, would going back to my old school and having a few lessons help at all? I'm not scared of horses, but getting on makes me feel all shaky, and the last horse I rode was a right missus... Also, If I can persuade mummy duck to loan me us a horse, what age/size/breed would be best for us to share, bearing in mind she's had a crushed disc taken out and has another still there (and were both breaking 6ft) her partner says try getting an ex police horse, but what happens to them when they retire? Help and advice muchly appreciated grin

Booboostoo Sat 20-Dec-14 16:57:15

It's best to go to your local RS and have some lessons, they'll have you feeling confident in no time and then you'll be in a better position to find a loan.

There are massive waiting lists for retired police horses, why not just go for a bigger horse? Write down your requirements and see what's available.

Goingintohibernation Mon 29-Dec-14 20:01:56

I think having a few lessons is a good idea. I didn't after a similar break and regretted it. As far as breed, if you can find a TBxshire I'd recommend that cross. I currently have one, and he is by far the best horse I have ever had. Calm and sensible, without being boring.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now