Talk

Advanced search

ARGGH! moving house and NO WHERE to put horse!

(8 Posts)
farmernarmer Sun 09-Feb-14 15:54:04

We are moving house soon, and i have been looking and looking and there is absolutely no where to put horse features!

The problem is that we are moving somewhere that has GREAT hacking so everywhere that has horses is full.

sad dont know what i am going to do!

Mirage Sun 09-Feb-14 19:29:32

Where are you moving to? Someone on here might be able to help.Is the area badly flooded? If so,the yards might be full because people have no grazing,and vacancies may appear once the weather improves.

farmernarmer Sun 09-Feb-14 20:45:23

there is no real flooding. fields are very muddy, but that's not unusual. We are just having trouble because the area is a very good area for riding!

We are in cornwall.

meerschweinchen Sun 09-Feb-14 20:56:11

Oh no sad Can you at least get your name down on waiting lists? Things do change...Or drive round the area and try to find small private yards? Somewhere might have space, even if it's just for a few months. Also have you looked on Facebook? My local area has a horse riders site, so search for something like Cornwall horse riders? If you post on there, someone might be able to help you out?

Mirage Sun 09-Feb-14 21:03:35

Have you looked on the Horse and Hound website? There is a section devoted to riders in each region.Someone might be able to suggest somewhere,even if it is just a field for now.Or try preloved?

farmernarmer Mon 10-Feb-14 00:26:12

I have done most of your suggestions. so annoyed because we did have a yard up road from us that had a space. but we were having problems with the house sale and possibly having to pull out so we couldn't commit to putting her there! angry angry

Stinkyminkymoo Tue 11-Feb-14 16:05:13

Have you tried livery list? Otherwise go into google maps and have a look for an outdoor school and then drive around just asking for space. Good luck, I'm very jelly!

D0G Wed 12-Feb-14 18:55:05

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now