Talk

Advanced search

Arse - I've broken my fibula

(9 Posts)
hatcam Wed 09-Jan-13 11:10:15

That fall you were all so lovely about....I've cracked my bloody fibula (leg bone). Arse. No riding for a few weeks. No nothing much for a couple of weeks.

Still so cross with myself that I let the horse get out of control. Now even crosser that I can't ride!! Will try and get back to it as soon as poss so I don't get nervous. Am thinking a couple of lessons in the school to get me going and then hack out on a nice horse of my choosing!!

And I can't stop bursting into tears!

CatPussRoastingOnAnOpenFire Wed 09-Jan-13 13:14:44

I'd be even more pissed off with the wanker who took off and sent your horse galloping! Even my instructor friend said what I did. You go at the speed of the slowest rider. You ask if everyone is okay BEFORE taking off, and she laid money on this twat being MALE and showing off! I'm sorry, I still don't think this is any of your fault. The blame lies entirely with this stupid excuse for a human being! <<really angry on your behalf>>
Sadly, I don't suppose there is much you can do about it! Although contacting his company about considering makin a claim on him might put a rocket up his arse! grin

frostyfingers Wed 09-Jan-13 13:19:12

You poor thing, that's horrid - are you in plaster or bandaged, on crutches? Have you let the riding school know so that they can pass that on to the idiot who started it all?

Don't blame it all on yourself - if he hadn't buggered off your horse wouldn't have gone with him. Up until then you were in control so it is as much his fault as anyone's.

hatcam Wed 09-Jan-13 13:31:52

Crutches but luckily no plaster. Apparently it will heal pretty much by itself, it'll just take time. The most difficult thing is work - I'm self employed doing a job that requires me to be active and on my feet, I can do some work but not all. Sigh. Trying to remain calm and positive! Am so pleased I started wearing a back protector (appreciate it didn't help my leg but it could've been worse!)

CatPussRoastingOnAnOpenFire Wed 09-Jan-13 13:33:09

FFS! It is so unfair!!

hatcam Wed 09-Jan-13 13:36:01

And yes, of course it was a bloke! And with hindsight, he was definitely showing off (and flirting) and had been for a while during the ride. Gah.

N0tinmylife Wed 09-Jan-13 15:45:03

Oh, bugger, sorry to hear that! I hope it heals soon, and you can get back in the saddle, and, far less importantly back to work!

Lovesswimming Wed 09-Jan-13 17:30:10

oh no what a pain!! hope you're back up and running/riding soon!

mrslaughan Wed 09-Jan-13 19:55:00

I would be giving that tosser a piece of my mind! He was an idiot and so not your fault.
I would also never ride with him again, and advise everyone in my yard not too, so unacceptable.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now