Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

What would you pay for this?

(8 Posts)
seeker Thu 29-Nov-12 17:37:38

Dd has a pony on working livery now she's in the 6th form, she can really o my ride AT&T he weekend, particularly when it's dark so early. A very nice woman has asked if she could part loan her- she only rides during g the day and on weekdays and absolutely loves her( she's a bit tricky- a real marmite pony) She would like to have her for two days- one day to do adult pony club and one day to go for a hack with her friends. De is delighted- pony is well looked after but not loved and this lady would definitely give her fuss and love and attention. We said we didn't need to be paid but the woman insists. What sounds fair? We pay £100 a month-and shoes and wormer and stuff on top. (Cheap, I know- we are very lucky ) Any ideas? I was wondering about asking her to pay for shoes as a token gesture- does anyone know what's usual?

50BalesOfHay Thu 29-Nov-12 17:47:33

I think around £10 a day is usual, but shoes is quite common on our yard in similar circumstances

seeker Thu 29-Nov-12 18:20:29

Hmm well as she 's only shod in front she'll be getting a bargain! But as I said, we'd happily do it for free so we'll do that because she wants to pay. Thank you!

Alameda Thu 29-Nov-12 18:21:06

Sorry but I am rubbish at this sort of thing, my sharer is supposed to cover half the costs but the costs are so low she pretty much pays for everything. Sharer before her grumbled at paying even £30 a month. You might as well make something from it too though?

Least helpful contribution to the thread I bet!

SaggyOldClothCatPuss Thu 29-Nov-12 19:56:21

Anyone that comes to ride ours regularly puts a tenner a time in the pot. I think that's fair. There is nothing else you could do with a pony that would cost less! That's £80 a month, that only leaves you a pair of fronts and £20.

Booboostoo Fri 30-Nov-12 07:59:13

There is no 'usual' for such things, just whatever works between the two parties. I've had sharers who did not contribute anything financially because what I needed was help with the horse and to get them ridden, which by the sounds of it is what you need as well. It's very nice of her to offer though, why not suggest she pays the farrier?

She sounds lovely which is all the more reason not to fall out with her, so I would suggest you write a contract to clarify each party's duties and responsibilities, e.g. how much notice before terminating the arrangement, exactly what she can do with the pony, who is responsible for insurance, etc. The BHS have a sample loan agreement which can be adjusted to suit your needs.

goralka Fri 30-Nov-12 08:02:37

I pay a tenner a time too, seems fair.

seeker Fri 30-Nov-12 10:29:52

Thank you. I have told her that she can pay for shoes, and she said that's not enough. So we've agreed that she will also pay for a child who also really loves the awkward nag to go to pony club once a fortnight as well. So a perfect solution really, pony gets love and fuss (and a hack inthe woods-her favourite thing) twice a week from the adult sharer, at weekends from dd and once a fortnight from a starry eyed horse mad 10 year old. Couldn't be better! Particularly as she is white, lives out and loves to roll! We are putting it all in writing, and we'll review when the days get lighter.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now