May it school like a sweetheart
And hack like a pro
Bit jealous though!

marialuisa Sat 13-Oct-12 11:01:15

wishing you all the luck in the world

Alameda Sat 13-Oct-12 11:17:01

GOOD LUCK

Mirage Sat 13-Oct-12 12:25:55

Thank you all.She was lovely,but too strong for DD2. DD1 rode her very nicely but she has a real bond with dpony and it really isn't fair to swap her over to a new pony after she has worked so hard to get to where she is with her.

The owners are lovely people and have kept my details in case they hear of anything suitable.They have a 12.2 which they said would be ideal for DD2,but he is out on loan at the minute.

We'll keep on looking,hopefully the right one will come along.

SaggyOldClothCatPuss Sat 13-Oct-12 18:27:20

sad how many does that make now? The right one must be out there somewhere!

Mirage Sat 13-Oct-12 20:52:52

22 sad

We thought we'd found one only to have her go down with lami this week.It is the second time this year and she has a very thick coat,so I suggested to her current loaners that they get her tested for Cushings.Well,she came back positive and sadly,I daren't take her on now.Our pasture is very good and I know from experience that managing a pony with metabolic problems on such good grass is difficult and worrying.

I've put an ad on preloved and already been offered a 3 year old.For a 7 year old child hmm.

SaggyOldClothCatPuss Sat 13-Oct-12 23:17:41

Have you tried asking at riding schools? Our friends school often had ponies for sale or loan, through no fault of their own. It only takes one novice to fall off, or one off day, and they have to be taken out of lessons, because people see them as dodgy! Also, most ponies seem to have a shelf life in a school, before they get bored or crotchety. A new home and a few weeks chilling out, and theyre raring to go! We have had more than one that was depressed as hell and ready for a new start.

Mirage Sun 14-Oct-12 17:00:34

I did ask at the school where the dds used to go,but they tend to keep them for years.The last two went to retirement homes when they were over 40! The owner did offer one to me,but at that age,they've earned a rest.

I know what you mean though,they go very sour very quickly in riding schools.

WillowKnicks Mon 15-Oct-12 13:24:40

Where abouts are you Mirage?

frostyfingers Mon 15-Oct-12 17:09:10

Oh Mirage, that's so unfair - I had all my fingers and toes crossed for you. It's there somewhere, honest!

Mirage Mon 15-Oct-12 19:25:43

I'm in Leicestershire Willowknicks,but I'm willing to travel for the right pony.

Thanks,frosty how is your lovely boy doing now?

I've some consolation in that dpony is very forward going atm. DD1 was galloping her across my dad's 40 acre field yesterday and jumping over the sheep troughs,I could hear her laughing as she shot past me.I've never seen dpony move so fast,DD1 said that she couldn't stop her,and that she couldn't stop laughing it was so much fun.DD2 got a canter out of her up the field,and jumped the troughs too,which is a real achievement for her,as the naughty old thing knows that DD2 can't get her leg on like DD1 can.

It is half term here next week,and I plan to take DD1 to a x country rally on Sunday,and DD2 to an all day rally in the week.It should be opening meet that week too,so have promised DD2 that she can go on the lead rein.smile

frostyfingers Tue 16-Oct-12 09:55:56

Not too bad thanks Mirage - the physio is pleased with the muscle build up and after being lunged for 30 mins every day for the last 4 weeks so I should hope! I'm hoping that I have the equivalent muscle build up as it's really hard work making him trot out properly! I am allowed short rides but as is the way he lost a shoe last week so haven't been able to get out, I have ridden him once and it was really strange as I was wondering whether every stumble or ears back meant he was in pain - the physio promised me that he wasn't and not to worry about it!

I've had to move them up to livery where they are in at night so am currently getting used to mucking out 2 every morning - I'm worn out by the time I get to work....

At least your DDs are having fun with your current pony - I hope you are feeling fit and full of running for the opening meet, rather you than me I think.

tovetove Mon 22-Oct-12 11:18:52

I am looking for the same as you I think although I am in the South West. A 12.2 for my 6 year old and 10 year old (lacks confidence). Have seen three so far so not as many as you - one had a prior tendon injury which is no good for us as we have very boggy going and dd2 likes games, one couldn't do jumping and one was completely crazy off the lead rein! I think I might buy in the new year if we can at all afford it as I am desperate!

AlmondFrangipani Mon 22-Oct-12 22:36:43

Hi all

Just a thought but I wondered for the South West based if you've tried HorseWorld? They are always looking for good homes to loan too.

tovetove Tue 23-Oct-12 12:10:33

Yes we have Almond but at the moment they only have companion ponies - I only have space for 2 ponies and they both need to be rideable! I am registered with them so if rideable ponies come up hopefully I will hear.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now